Rumble Bots

I'm a robot collector.......collect from garage sales and such, but I've decided to start clearing out some of my past to make room for the
present. Anyway, I have this group of robots that I picked up somewhere because they looked fairly interesting. I've been told these are Rumble bots which were popular around 2001. I'm curious, does anyone use these any more? ...and are they worth anything?

pictures? (not that I know anything that could help you but just because I'm curious).
It's funny to see someone mention 2001 as if that were ancient history. :)
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com /
SparkySU1 wrote:

Hi Sparky,
I do the same thing! *And* I've _also_ started to weed out my collection! They're not like baseball cards, where you can keep thousands in a suitcase... These guys take up room, with a capital 'R'...
I've started donating some as door prizes at the monthly meetings of the DPRG. I have about a dozen Rumble Robots at the moment, waiting for good uses to be found for them... I figure eventually autonomous mini sumo bots.... Or maybe swarm behavior experiments.
I feel your pain.. You can only have so many RADs, Cybie's, Robies, Omnis, MyPals, Rumbles, Armatrons, Busters, etc... And they're all so 'old-school' technology-wise.
Don't know much about worth, though. I see them around in thrift stores from $2 to $10, depending on accessories.
Regards, --Electro-- aka The Other David www.dprg.org in search of an inexpensive Omnibot 2000...

many out there and far too recent.

package with sensors and motors that can have a microprocessor grafted on to it (Basic Stamp seems to be a popular one) so one can build an army of small bots that interact with each other.
One of the easiest platforms to use to test new algorithms on we have found.
TMT