small motors or linear actuators

Just to follow up on my own post - I finally got ahold of soembody about Squiggle motors. Those things run about $600 each!!! That ain't gonna happen.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike

You might want to try something like this:

I used silver solder to attach a bit of 6-32 screw to the output shaft. Doing this was a bit trickery and I don't think it's very strong.

Might be better to make up a small collar. Thread one end for the screw and Loctite. Drill and tap the other end for a small set screw to handle the geared output.

Geared motors from Solorbotics and other places.

DOC

doc

Doc,

Did you read my post about buying some of those linear actuators you posted on your site?

Michael

Reply to
Michael

WHAT???!?!?!?!!!! And you call yourself a hobbyist????? ;-)

You shouldn't have to "rip out" anything - it can be very elegantly disassembled and "repurposed." ;-)

And where else will you find motors and gears that are so ideally suited to the app, other than where Futaba buys them, and you'd still have to mount them!

But, then again, I've been a hacker (the good kind) for going on

40 years now, so I like to take old stuff and make new stuff with it. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing , manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in sm art kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-tran smission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunic ation and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different s izes. In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partne rs around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL:

Contact: Anny Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Reply to
zwgearbox