Sources for tracks?

Working on a simple tracked robot design. Only problem is I haven't found a good source for the tracks. Anyone know of such?
Thanks, David
Try toothed belts from machine tools, if you're happy with a continuous rubbery one.

David,
Try this site: http://hometown.aol.com/user1127/ And people call us geeks...geesh. There are a few sources listed there. Here's one that I found, I'm sure they sell the parts as well. http://www.rcarmory.com /
--
Shawn

"David Shoemaker" < snipped-for-privacy@oz.net> wrote in message
For the price, I'd buy one of these, hack it, and mount my own body on it: http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/microtank.htm
--
Shawn

"David Shoemaker" < snipped-for-privacy@oz.net> wrote in message
Try Timing belts for you common car. Local automotive store usually has a good selection. I would also visit the local auto salvage yard for the drive gear for it. I have seen the idler pulley used on robots because it is smaller.

David Shoemaker wrote:

Toys R Us. They have a line of Chinese imported tanks for about $20. The motors and mechanics aren't very durable, but you can hack 'em for the nice rubber treads (about 1-1/2" wide) and drive sprockets.
My current Nuts & Volts Robotics Resources column is on hacking toys for making robot bases, and mentions sources like these.
-- Gordon Robots for Less at Budget Robotics: http://www.budgetrobotics.com/ Author: Robot Builder's Sourcebook & Robot Builder's Bonanza
Just my two cents. I bought a $20 toy at Toys R Us, thinking that I would use the base for my new robot. These things are very noisy and sloppy. I quickly threw in the towel and started building my own base from parts from (Gordon will be happy to hear) budgetrobotics.com and adding good quality DC gearmotors (very cheap on surplus market). This was not the tank base, but a dump truck with a front steering axel. I'm guessing the tank base from Toys R Us is just as bad.
BRW
On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:27:15 -0700, Gordon McComb

WOW. Now those are some tracks.