SRf08, algorithm to find where obstacle can be?

Using the SRF08, how can I compute the possible location of the obstacle that an echo was received from?

algorithm requires: input: time of echo (distance away) input: angle of sensor (0-180 degrees)

output: list of x,y's relative to sensor where the obstacle can be located. OR: beginning pt of arc, end pt of arc where obstacle can be located.

I can do the equations to see what points (cells) are on an arc. computing the arc compared to the distance away an echo was received from is giving me trouble

I cannot find (or view, at least) information on the SRF08 to complete this. the beam spreads out the farther away it gets from the sensor, increasing the number of spots an echo can be coming from.

I'd like something linear so I can do it quickly without floating point or complex equations.

rich aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com

Rich J.

If you're trying to build a map from sonar data, look into Moravac's certainty grid algorithms. I used them a decade ago, and they work quite well.

John Nagle

Rich J. wrote:

Reply to
John Nagle