SRI EPAM

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to followup on a technology out of SRI EPAM or Electroactive Polymer Artificial Muscles. I saw this recently at RoboNexeus. The fellow
from SRI said they used a small high voltage/low current component to get the 1 or 2 KV they need to drive these puppies. This use to be documneted on the SRI web site, or so I was told, but the lawyers said "high voltage, oh no". So my question to the group, did anybody grab this information, or the manufacturer of the components, off the web before they yanked it?
Brad Smallridge b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m
Brad Smallridge wrote:

I'd keep an eye on www.artificialmuscle.com, the site for the spin-off company formed around SRI's artificial muscle department. They've recently updated their site and are answering questions concerning their new technology. They're even planning on releasing development kits around February of next year.

Same problem, it's not there. I would rather not have to wait for their kits either.
Brad Smallridge wrote:

Did you send them an email, asking for their actuator's power requirements?
No I called them. And I will call them again.

Turns out the DC-DC converters are from EMCO, the Q50 series, and cost about $80 a pop.
Thanks for your help anyway.
b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m
You could try looking for it on the Wayback Machine: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
Mitch Berkson