Air Rams....

I'm looking for a manufacturer of Air rams. I need it for an industrial application, but I don't need a 20 ton air ram, it needs to
be smaller and portable. This looks like the right place to ask this, so please respond if you have any info. Specifically, I'm looking for a 1" threaded shaft with about 2" of travel that would operate around 50-100 psi. I cannot google exactly what I'm looking for, as all I find are large bearing presses and such.
Thanks for the help.
Just a question.... wrote:

Try Clippard (www.clippard.com).

Hi, Try http://www.smcusa.com /
Or http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=smc+pneumatics&meta= for a list of SMC websites for your country.
You will need to have an idea of what force you want the cylinder to deliver to be able to specify the cylinder diameter required. You'll need to login to access some of the info but it's worth while. Dave
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:17:35 -0000, Dave Rose

they got some real neat cylinders, but something so simple can possibly be built at home with regular tools. you might even try to make one from a broken shock absorber, get a bung welded on, tap it and apply air.
--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

Try a Goole on :
Air cylinders Pneumatic cylinders
;-) A.P. Norway
    --The three biggies are Clippard, Bimba and Festo.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : There's more than one way
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to measure security...