Air Rams....

I'm looking for a manufacturer of Air rams. I need it for an industrial application, but I don't need a 20 ton air ram, it needs to be smaller and portable. This looks like the right place to ask this, so please respond if you have any info. Specifically, I'm looking for a 1" threaded shaft with about 2" of travel that would operate around

50-100 psi. I cannot google exactly what I'm looking for, as all I find are large bearing presses and such.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Just a question....

Try Clippard

Chris S.

Hi, Try

Or
for a list of SMC websites for your country.

You will need to have an idea of what force you want the cylinder to deliver to be able to specify the cylinder diameter required. You'll need to login to access some of the info but it's worth while. Dave

Reply to
Dave Rose

they got some real neat cylinders, but something so simple can possibly be built at home with regular tools. you might even try to make one from a broken shock absorber, get a bung welded on, tap it and apply air.

Reply to
jim dorey

Try a Goole on :

Air cylinders Pneumatic cylinders

;-) A.P. Norway

Reply to
A.P.

--The three biggies are Clippard, Bimba and Festo.

Reply to
steamer