stepper driving problem!

So I've designed a translater using basic 74 series ttl gates. I've designed both a half and full step translater. I finished soldering
together the parts and i tested out the four outputs and the full step sequence was correct. However I hooked up the outputs to a ul2003 darlington array chip to the stepper motor and it would not move at all.... I probed the inputs and it looks like the translator output is greatly attenuated. is there a way to keep the origial signal without attenuating? could i just use a 7407 buffer between the driver and translator?

Look up "Bootstrapping".