Stepper Motor Identification

Hello all, I am wondering if any of you would be able to help me. I am working on a project and require a few stepper motors, and I get them at an electronic shop that gets there parts in a box from older machines that have been scrapped. Now I have one motor that I have not been able to identify whatsoever and was wondering if any of you might be able to identify it or direct me in the right direction, I have so little information on it that Google or Global Spec has not been much help. The only information that I do have is that it is 6 wire, shaft comes out on either side, the sticker on it has what appears to be an M on it and the numbers CM-A-00001-100 as well as VS180051 I also have another of the same brand that has a VS18128 now these numbers I have tried to enter in search engines and have been unsuccesful in finding the information. One more thing it seem to of have come with a counter of some sort, it is either magnetic or I can not see the beam of light, they require perhaps

3.6 to 9v's to run I have made it run at both 5.26V and at 7.1V's, at 3.6V's it would not run. This is as well a 2-Phase Stepper motor. Dimensions of the motor cassing is 4.6 cm X 4 cm, the shaft at the top extends out approximatly 1.6 cm, and at the botom it extends out about 1.4 cm, the wireing is covered by black pvc flexible hose. If anyone can identify or send me in the right direction for the information I would really appreciate it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Hello, having 6 wires it's an "unipolar" stepper. The dimensions are similar to ones that I have. They are from old 5.25 floppy drivers, and from dot printers for pc. I power them at 5 and also 12 volts.

gidesa

Reply to
gidesa