10 X 10 Foot Canopy

I bought a Quick Shade "10 X 10" canopy last wekend at Modell's, a sporting goods, for $60.....Pep Boys had the same one at same price, but Modell's was closer Putting it in the car, I read "10 foot by 10 foot canopy" then " 64 square feet of shade". Wait a minute!! I don't even need my calculator fot that one. They measure the 10 X 10 base & the uprights angle in a foot each to an 8 X 8 canopy. Somewhat misleading, to say the least. I haven't taken it out of the box yet. Are any of the lower priced EZ-Up & Quick Shade type canopies a true 10 X 10? -- Richard "saw a canopy discussion on TRF, but can't post there" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

K- MART 12 X 12 EZ UP 99.00 BIG might be too big for reasonable transport.

Home Depot 10 X 10 EZ UP 159.95 real 10 X 10 with improved bearings in the mechanism. compact fits in trunk of REAL cars..... great customer service....

NO LEUP REQUIRED FOR PURCHASE OR STORAGE.

Bobby B

Reply to
bobbyb

Hi Bobby.

All Sport rocket motors too :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Pamida had the 10x10 model on sale for 79.00.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Avoid Ez-Up. I have one. A bad weld broke on one of the supports. I called them & they asked if there was any wind. There had been a mild breeze so I told them that. Because of that, they refused to replace the part or the canopy which ripped because of it. I fixed it with JB Weld & duct tape & it's been ok. But their custome services SUCKS!

Also at least one of the competing brands (either Quick Shade or Doamond Peak) has heat / sun reflective stuff in their canopies so it shoould be cooler. Also one of them has skirts available. That's nice because they can block the sun when its low (as opposed to right overhead).

Reply to
Phil Stein

Look for one with straight legs. I had a cheap one and replaced it last year with a Caravan Canopy from Costco, but it cost close to $200.

The Caravan canopy has very heavy fabric and a very sturdy frame. The one I had before would start flapping in a 10 MPH wind.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

found cheap canopies at dollar store for $15......

Reply to
tater schuld

Hi Jerry, stuck that one in there JUST for you..... [ GRIN ]

Problem is NO one told the ATF agents inspecting in the field.. spoke to one last week, who was inspecting someone in the city.... made him burn the igniters in his day box, and advised him to cover his rockets from view while traveling to and from the range... [ I knew you would love that one... ]

I mentioned the law suit / PAD decision RE: assembled motors, had no clue what I was talking about... I know your shocked......

Also told me that NO one can "touch" a regulated motor EXCEPT the LEUP holder... at that point I said yes MAM.. and politely closed the conversation... didn't see any point in mentioning the volunteer example on the ATF website PUBLISHED last year RE: rocketeers flying together....

She did LIKE my BUY and FLY letter.... the one I give out so fliers w/o storage can get a LEUP and I do not have to store their motors....

Also reminded me about the LETTER of intended use I need to keep on file from all of the LEUP holders. UGH... more paperwork....

Jerry I know your taking this PAD thing to the grave with you, but do you think for just a little while you could lighten up with the "EVERYTHING IS PAD" position and dig in and help out like the rest of us.... In case you haven't noticed the ATF does not agree with you and the courts waffled in my opinion.... bottom line the judge would have said REGULATED if they had followed their own rule making procedures. Ever here the expression "If there is a good fight around, GET IN IT " Well this is a good fight and help is needed.....

I have a meeting set up with my congresswomen in the near future to try to educate and gain support.. ....

Hey are you going to LDRS???

You vending there???? Please set up next to me I'm SURE you will draw lots of traffic......

later an remember the ATF loves you too.......

Bobby B

Reply to
bobbyb

every agent I come in contact with.

By doing sometihing silly. Reading their own orange book to them.

Try it. You'll like it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I wonder Bobby, did the information from the experience get passed to NAR or TRA? The legal team has requested information from such experiences.

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

For side screens I recommend Aluminet 70% reflective. Much better than canvas or nylon type materials. Best place to order them that I've found is

Bob Kaplow

Buy the 12x12 Quik-Shade instead, if you want more size.

EZ-Ups have straight legs, but there is a HUGE difference in the quality of the shade -- at the Air Show two years ago, we had my Quik-Shade (dark green fabric) setup next to an EZ-Up with a white fabric. Logic told us the white would be cooler, as we thought the green fabric would heat up and radiate it.

Boy were we wrong! It felt 5 to 10 degrees cooler under the Quik-Shade, because their fabric has alumanized backing while the EZ-Ups do not. The difference is huge.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

YES Fred , it was passed along. I do not think I mentioned the letter of intended use part.. that is in the BOOK and clearly stated.... somehow I just don't see fliers giving up their SSN AND birthdate / and place to a dealer... but I can ask....

and for my meeting with my congresswomen NAR as in BUNNY and John have supplied me with talking points and guidance to present our case...

Thanks Bobby B

Reply to
bobbyb

I'm sure glad Kevin at Countdown never got a hold of mine.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Go to Sam's and get the new EZ-Up they are selling. It has the commercial white top with 98 or 99% UV protection. It comes with an extended awning that can be locked in three positions, a carrying bag on wheels, the extra sidewalls to close it up for wintertime, and a stake kit. The top is one grade above their commercial line. It must something special just for Sam's. 189.00 The extras sell for more than the whole kit.

Reply to
motorman

A quick search at Target;

For 40 bones sounds like a decent deal but as we all know, you get what you paid for. I'm starting to wonder if a little pvc tubing and fabric would suffice?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Rhhickok wrote:

Reply to
nedtovak

The ones at Target (and similar) require you to assemble the frame first (it doesn't 'pop' up). If you can manage to get the frame up, they're ok. I found that duct tape helps a lot to keep the pieces in place, otherwise they fall apart easily.

If you're go> A quick search at Target;

Reply to
Alex Mericas