Re: Is this any good? Diamond Peak Sport 10' x 10' Folding Canopy with Wheeled Transport Bag

Whoops, I meant Shopko!! lol
Joe Michel
Wait for a sale at your local Skopko. They had an excellent 12' x 12'
> canopy with folding frame on sale for 69.99, regular price 139.99. I don't
> remember the brand name of it, but it also had the wheeled transport bag. >
> I tried to buy one of these beauties last Sunday, but it went off-sale
> Saturday night, and they were too big of jerks to let me buy it at the sale
> price. I ended up with an el-cheapo $36.00 canopy from Wallyworld. It's
> 10' x 13'. It doesn't setup as fast as the folding canopy, but it will work
> for me.
>
> Joe Michel
>

> > Anyone know if these are any good? I saw one in the store & it looked
> > ok. But then again did that POS Easy Up I got.
> >
> > The story with Easy Up is that a clearly defective weld broke & tore
> > the canopy. Since there was a slight breeze, it's not covered. Even
> > if there wasn't a breeze, I'm sure it would not have been covered.
> > Their customer service sucks. An Easy Up Canopy costs as much as this
> > Diamnod Peak on.
> >
> > Diamond Peak Sport 10' x 10' Folding Canopy with Wheeled Transport > > Bag
> > Item no: 1303548
> > OUR PRICE: $79.98
> > LIST: $99.99*
> >
> > The Diamond Peak Sport 10 x 10 folding canopy with a wheel transport
> > provides convenient and comfortable shade you can use at a campsite or
> > in your backyard. It's constructed with a strong steel frame, a
> > durable polyester top and a steel spike anchoring system. It comes
> > with a 900-denier polyester roller bag with a storage pouch and
> > individual anchor slots for easy transport.
> >
> > Features:
> > Steel frame
> > Aluminum corners and sliders
> > 240-denier polyester top
> > 900-denier polyester roller bag with storage pouch and individual > > anchor slots
> > Anchor Kit: four, 10-in steel spikes

364.714752.712492&page=2&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family
> Phil Stein

Reply to
J.A. Michel
Do they have a website? I'm in Philly PA - I don't think I've seen any around here.
Thanks Phil
Phil Stein
Reply to
Phil Stein
I haven't seen this one. I have an EU and QuickUp. Both have been exposed to intense ultraviolet light and the QU is in much better shape. The EU has also had parts fall off as screws became loose and whatnot. The QU doesn't use screws to attach the center section posts so if something happens to the rods, it will be some work to replace. The QU is easier to put up. Both are easier with a second person and instead, actually easy to take down.
SportsAuthority has the QU for the $75, but I don't think the bag has wheels. Not like they work off-pavement anyway (nor have I seem mine in a while either).
Joel. phx

Phil Stein
Reply to
Joel Corwith
I checked and they closest one to you is in Michigan. :-(
Joe Michel
Reply to
J.A. Michel
I thought you meant Psy-cop. Great Maker!
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Where in MI? I live there and never heard of it.
Mark A Palmer TRA08542 L3
J.A. Michel wrote:
Reply to
Mark A Palmer
Go Here:
Joe Michel
Reply to
J.A. Michel
QuikShade is the brand you're thinking of. The price you're quoting is for the 10'x10'; the 12'x12' is normally on sale for $89.99 or $99.99 (both prices, depends on the week). The $69.99 price is for the 10'x10'.
I'm waiting for another sale on the 12'x12' QuikShades -- LDRS trashed my first one, so I'm down to one. Want to have two of 'em.
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
I'd suggest a QuikShade, or any other brand with an aluminized backing. It makes a HUGE different in how cool it is underneath.
Last year at the local air show, we had my QuikShade next to the club's EZ-Up. We thought the EZ-Up would be cooler, since it's white and my Quik Shade is dark green. Nope; it was a LOT cooler under the QuikShade, due to the backing on the canopy.
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski
I must have read the flier wrong. lol I thought that markdown was a little much!
Joe Michel
Reply to
J.A. Michel
You can find other folks who sell the products at
-Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski