Centuri PNC-10-something... by Estes?

Okay, here goes.

According to the 2002 Estes catalog, the MK-109 Stingray (EST 2131), Banshee (EST 2132), AGM-57X Heatseeker (EST 2158), and Bandit (EST

2060) are all 1.0" dia. -- the old Centuri ST-10, from all appearances.

Additionally, the Super Shot in the "Super Shot" (EST 1449) starter kit and the Army/Navy rockets in the "Missile Command" (EST 1818) starter kit are also 1.0" dia.

If you have the instruction sheets for any of these kits, would you please post the Estes part number for the nose cone? I'm guessing it's a standard 5-digit number.

*Then* I can finally use my custom Centuri Javelin ~1.4X (ST-7 to ST-10)upscale decals from Tango Papa... and the Totally Tubular T-1.04" body tubes.

Thanks in advance,

--Jay Goemmer "Centuri Guy"

[Crossposted to Yahoo!Groups OldRockets]
Reply to
Jay Goemmer

Hi, Jay,

As best I can tell, whenever the catalog says 1.0" diameter, it is referring to the HBT-1090 tube of 1.09" diamter. I've already tried putting a PNC-1090 into a T-1.04, and it won't fit.

Now, why the catalog writers round 0.976 to 0.98 but 1.09 to 1.0 is beyond me.

Sorry, although I have a solitaire 1090 cone, I have no part number. It was the purple one with the transition/bulkhead thingy molded in with the cone.

HTH, Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

They've started doing it on the other tubes too. For years a BT-60 has been 1.637". Now it is listed as 1.64". BT-55 was 1.325", now it's listed as 1.33".

Reply to
Tim

The number for the bandit is 72634

Reply to
Zak Orion

Thanks, Zak!

Cheers,

--Jay

Reply to
Jay Goemmer

Jay, I can't remember which one used the purple cone. If you're looking for the HBT-1090, Zak suggested the other day New England Hobbies/Time Machine in Manchester, CT.

Fellow DARS member Dave Schaefer has said he's seen some 1090 tubes in an Oklahoma hobby store, and that he'd pick some up next time up there.

Of course, once I get a tube, I'll still need rings :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

So Doug, this just means you're incurable? (HUGE WINK) Actually, that *might* be the case if you were a superhero's sidekick: "Well, Epoxy Boy, you *did* 'stick it to' that criminal..."

Cheers,

--Jay

Reply to
Jay Goemmer