12v 7.2mah lead cell battery

Ted, you better bring this to tonight's meeting for show and tell.
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

Sorry Brian, won't be able to make the meeting. My annual September cold arrived 3 months late :(
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
writes:

with a 7.2 *milliamp*/hr battery;that's VERY good!
Unbelievable,in fact.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

I'm still in disbelief but yes, it does work that well!
Although, since this is just my personal launch sys, it *is* a bit overkill. I would've been just as happy to have it fire clusters of solar ignitors, which is all I really wanted to begin with.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

ted, read your battery again, it's a 7200mah battery, or a 7.2ah battery
I dont think they make 7.2mah batteries, maybe for watch batteries
Tater wrote:

Whoops-a-daisy, you be right.
Yes, it is 7.2ah.
Ted Novak     TRA#5512 IEAS#75
"Fuse"? I use an autoreset thermal breaker (automotive type with spade terminals). A 10A part will kick out in ~15 secs at 20A and reset in ~20 seconds. It will handle 40A for a few seconds without kicking out. Impossible to fry the internal wiring with one of these and also more convenient than changing a fuse. If you're nervous about lighting bigger clusters, then use a 20A part.
Hosfelt.com has autoreset breakers for <$1. They also have automotive relays at low prices. I've made 40 or so relayers using their parts. They've worked great for 1000's of swoosh pops.
-John D.
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

jsdemar wrote:

The system is mostly built from what I had on hand or what the surplus store had.
Regardless I think I have my first upgrade planned :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75