15th anniversary of NAR in Space

Today is the 15th anniversary of the first NAR member in space: Jay Apt.

I went down to Florida for the launch. The morning was an absolute downpour. We got up anyway, but figured we were wasting our time. By dawn it had stopped raining, and we could barely make out the VAB and the pad across the river. They ended up holding for 7 minutes, waiting for the ceiling to lift to the 8000' threshold required in the case of an RTLS, then launched.

We saw the launch well past SRB sep. You have to experience one in person. It literally rattles the bones inside your body. You could see the sound pressure wave coming across the water.

And for those looking to the future, it's also 57 years until first contact with the Vulcans. Ted, you've got that long for your grandchild Zephram to invent warp drive and make contact.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Also World War III according to Star Trek happened 10 years ago... so go figure...

(yet)!

tai fu

didn't it?

Reply to