Amateur Rocket Motor Construction book???

Hello, Is the above book by David Sleeter any good? I am interested in making some of my own small rocket motors. Will this book be a good start to what I need? It says that many engines can be made with common everyday stuff. How easy are these ingredients to get (bearing in mind, I live in Canada). They have long since removed Salt peter (Potassium nitrate) and sulphur from the corner drug stores. I used to make gun powder as a kid, but can't find the ingredients around any more.

Thanks everyone Richard

Reply to
BackToRiding

I'm in Ontario Canada, I found most of my chems at a Hydroponics store in Sudbury. I still havent made any motors from the new book since some chems are harder to find, so I have been still using the old book. But the new book explains things much better and is much more detailed.

Reply to
Mike

I have the book and I've made a few motors from it. The book is "OK" I wouldn't buy it again. Seams everyone thinks is great but I can't see why. It's a how-to book for black powder based engines, very little information; just walks you though how to make several sizes of engines using his propellant formula. Ohh and unless you know someone with a metal lathe you' ll spend more time making the tooling then the engines.

Sorry just my humble opinion!

-Cat

Reply to
cat

Ohh and unless you know someone with a metal lathe you'

Keep your eyes open. A few weeks back, a guy was selling tooling sets on EBay. Or, you could pay me to make them for you (but seriously, if your name isn't Bill Gates, you can't afford me). 8^)

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

How much did Dan sell them for? I need to bug him about making me a set some time.

Reply to
cat

Yes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Beats me. He announced the listing here, and may do so again.

James

Reply to
James L. Marino