"Amateur Rocket Motor Construction": Hobby Shops Wanted

Hi Folks:

Teleflite is now looking for hobby shops to carry its new book, "Amateur Rocket Motor Construction", preferrably local and regional chain stores. Here in Southern California we have a chain of stores called "Hobby People" (formerly known as Hobby Shack), and I sent them an evaluation copy this morning.

I'm looking for similar chains in other parts of the country, and I'd greatly appreciate suggestions and contact info (names, websites, email addresses, etc.). If there's a chain of hobby shops in YOUR area that might be a candidate, would you please email me at:

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

And of course, the books are currently for sale at

and
To find the book, just type the title into the respective main search engines. Thanks in advance,

David Sleeter/Teleflite

Reply to
David Sleeter

Anything of ITAR concern in the book?

Others teaching classes have had to be very careful to avoid violating ITAR.

ITAR is serious $#!+

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I doubt that pressed blackpowder motors are the sort of thing that ITAR is going to be concerned about...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

whats ITAR ? shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

The list is specific. Reading it would help.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Google reveals:

International Traffic in Arms Regulations

See Code of Federal Regulations, Title 22, Chapter 1, Part 120 and subsequent.

Interesting reading.

shockwaveriderz wrote:

David Schultz

Rocketeers ignore CFR and substitute their own judgement for it.

Look at the EXEMPTIONS in 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 as a PRIME example.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, that would be the ATF. Good thing we have courts to slap their hands when they do that.

Reply to
RayDunakin

IIRC, it's the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.

As Fred pointed out, "ITAR is serious $#!+".

- Rick "Not even going to speculate" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

No that would be Aerotech, Magnum, Countdown, TRA, NAR, motor magazine consumers etc, etc...

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yup.

If Gary R. was wise enough to check and make sure he was in full compliance, then others should cover their @$$.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

For something that was CERTAINLY a proliferation threat whether or not it was an ITAR violation!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hmm, you always seem to be opposed to letting others do amateur rocketry or learning how to make their own motors. Which is rather odd, since you only do AR yourself.

Reply to
RayDunakin