Hobby shops in Berlin?

I'm mainly interested in figures, but would be happy to find any hobby shop.

TIA

Reply to
Chris Holmes

Here you go:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

MOTAG, the one i use all the time im there. good opening hours and i can happily spend most of the day browsing!

Reply to
Jules

Thanks for the link! I went to Zinnfiguren this morning, and it's a great shop; certainly better than anything in DC area. I'll check Motag and the rest when time permits.

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris Holmes

give the names, locations etc and what each one is like....only been to MOTAG, and its 100 times better than the crap model shop MARCWAY in Sheffield near me

The old woman who owns MOTAG, last time i spoke to her, she was telling me her father was in a Hetzer Panzer in WW2.. she said she was surprised how many brits n yanks loved making models of WW2 esp German stuff

Reply to
Jules

Hetzers are neat.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Today I went to Alex Lange - Bundesallee 93, less than a block from Schlossstrasse.

Not a huge shop, but feels spacious enough inside. Great selection of aircraft, armor, ships and figures. I haven't noticed any cars/ bikes. All plastic - no metal or resin figures for example. They carry ModelMaster, Humbrol, Tamiya and Vallejo (Model Color and Model Air) paints; no Gunze. Some books / magazines, some aftermarket PE / resin / decals - not a lot.

Reminded me a lot of Nostalgic Plastic in MD, only had much more ships (plastic), figures (only plastic/vinyl) and much fewer aftermarket sets / decals.

Prices seem high to me, but I've recently moved from the States, and lack point of reference here. For example Hase 190 A-5 w/BMW was 47 Euro. I forgot to check prices of RoG / Italeri - these are typically very expensive in the US. Prices are offset to me by the selection - I haven't seen anything like this in DC area since Nostalgic Plastic closed down few years ago =).

Reply to
Chris Holmes

You must nor remember the Squadron Shop. (in either of it's two locations, closed a while ago)

Now that was an institution !!

Reply to
AM

I noticed the kits, are about the same price as in the UK here, what did shock me, is that in Poland, where the normal wage is wayyyyyyyyyy less then UK, and i mean wayyyyyyy less, the plastic i saw, was the same as UK prices.

Not been to that model shop, must pop in next time im there...I do like MOTAG, lots of stuff i cant get in UK, and a pretty decent range of decals, resin and etch..

Reply to
Jules