Phoenix hobby shops?

Hey all!

I'm heading to Phoenix, AZ in January and would like to stop at a hobby shop or two whilst there. Does anyone have the namesand addresses of a few good hobby shops?

Also, I'm big into aviation and armour, are there any museums or military related sites to see while there? What about the historical sites nearby? The wife is going to be busy all day with conferences but I'll be free and have wheels.

advTHANKSance!

-- ________________________________________________________________ "Arrogance and stupidity in one package, how convenient!" -Amb. Londo Molari Andy Hill (the Draken) ASE Master Auto Tech, P2 Parts, IMACA Certified

Reply to
Drew Hill

one of the best shops is Hobby Depot in Tempe @ Southern and Mill, for museums there is the Az military museum @ 52nd St and Mcdowell, and the CAF Az wing @ Falcon Field.

You will find Phx one of the easiest cities to get around in. It is laid out in mile grids, from Central Ave and Van Buren which is center, all numbered Streets and Lanes are to the east, ie 7thSt is 7 blocks east of Central Ave, Aveneus and Drives are to the West, also all numbered streets run N and South, Named streets run East to West. So a adress like 4500 N 24Th ave, is 24 blocks West of Central Ave and 45 blocks N of Van Buren. The other cities in the valley have thier own street system, still mile grids, but named streets going both directions, Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF