Phoenix 2004

Hi all, I need some information about the convention in Phoenix. I want to attend the convention and participate in some of the seminars. I do not want to enter any models. I am a member of the local IPMS club but I do not belong to the National group. Question: Can I still attend the convention and participate? There is a request for an I.D. number or attach to another member's number. Is this necessary. In '98, I paid the registration and was allowed in. I need to know soon so I can make final plans. Thanks, Rick Ewing

Reply to
REwing

Rick,

If you just want to look at the models in the Contest Room and spend all your hard-earned money in the Vendor Room, then you can buy a General Admission ticket at the door for $5 per day. However, if you want to go to any of the seminars, you need to be registered. To be registered you have to be a member of IPMS/USA. You can join up at the convention. I believe the cost just went up to $25 per year. Hope this helps, and hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Keenan Chittester

Reply to
KChitteste

can someone with no interest in joining pay an admission fee to get to the vendors?

oops, should have looked first.

Keenan wrote:

hard-earned money in the Vendor Room, >then you can buy a General Admission

You can also get a vendor table which allows you access to just about everything except entering models. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Thanks Keenan, Is there any foreseeable problems to registering and joining IPMS/USA when I get there or should I do it before I leave. I plan to show up at noon on the

4th. Yes, I will be bringing some hard earned cash to hang out in the vendor room with. That is the best part of the convention, isn't it? Rick Ewing

Reply to
REwing

With barely two weeks left I would wait till the show to sign up; not enough turn around time for the mail to work.

Indoubtably! There will be a large gent there lugging around many bags of crap. Do not stand between him and the vendors tables. 8^) Enjoy!

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

In a response to a posting by Rick Ewing I left out a very critical piece of information. If you want to attend seminars or enter a model in the contest at the convention you need to be a member of IPMS/USA, which costs $25, and you also need to register for the convention, which is an additional $35. I apologize for any confusion my mistake caused. A General Admission ticket, which costs $5, will get you in for one day to look at the models and shop in the vendor room. For $10 you can get a general admission ticket for all 4 days. I hope this makes things more clear. Sorry for the mixup. Hope to see you all at the convention.

Keenan Chittester

Reply to
KChitteste

looking and buying will make me happy if i can scrape gas money. i'll throw a matteress in the truck, pack a tunnasammich and be all set. i actually don't even have to stay the night. what are the dates......?

Thanksa lot, Keenan. It was perfectly clear for me. I will join IPMS and register since I will want to attend several seminars being presented. See you down there! ~!Rick~

Reply to
REwing