Does anyone LehighValleyRailroad??

Has anyone on the newsgroup done business with some using the Ebay ID of LehighValleyRailroad??? How were the dealings??? Thanks

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote

Reply to
Laughable

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

That doesn't mean anything I'm wondering if someone actually knows this person. The address he gave me doesn't come back as his.

Reply to
mike

A person who types abuse in all caps? What more do you need to know?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Pull the contact info through eBay and call him up... phone calls are what, 2.76 cents per minute now?

If the contact info is no good, report it to eBay for a NARU strike.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote

Mike, Where do you guys get incorrect 'fact's like this - from Steve Hoskins? You don't have to win one of his auctions in order to request his contact information (phone number)

Reply to
Laughable

I don't know who you are but it would be nice if you put a real email address so we could converse off line. The ebay Contact form is as follows:

Enter User ID of member

You can request another member's contact information if you are involved in a current or recent transaction with them.

Item number of the item you are trading with the above member

Contact information will be emailed to you, and the member whose information you requested will receive your information as well. Information can only be used in accordance with eBay's Privacy Policy.

Looks and works like you have to have a "TRADE" with the member to get the contact info.

begin 666 s.gif M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```,# P ```"'Y! $```(`+ `````!``$```(" $5 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote

You're as bad as that pseudo eBay expert Hoskins.

"Looks and works like you have to have a "TRADE" with the member to get the contact info."

Your quote is only your interpretation of the eBay requirement. fact: Any registered eBay user can get ANY eBay seller's contact info WITHOUT winning one of that seller's auctions. If you aren't smart enough to figure it out on your own, search Google's archives on the subject to find old posts to Usenet group: alt.marketing.online.ebay

"I don't know who you are but it would be nice if you put a real email address so we could converse off line."

I don't know that it would be "nice". I'm sure it would be "convenient" for you but not for me. Using your real name or email address in my opinion, is naive at best - stupid as all get out in actuality.

Reply to
Laughable

All I ask for is a little help and you act as if you are a superior being since you know it all. I may not know all there is to know about ebay but at least I'd help someone without degrading their knowledge or intelligence.

Reply to
mike

Mike, it's a brutal fact of life that there are Trolls on Usenet, just as there are people who write viruses, hack into computers, and, like "hipcrime" try to bring things to a halt.

Laughable is one of them.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

The problem is, there are no items for sale by this eBayer. You could place a bid, pull the contact info, and retract the bid if you need to talk to them or confirm contact info.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

"mike" wrote

I was chastising your common sense.

Once(but not for all): Questions about eBay are off-topic [OT] for this group. Go to alt.marketing.online.ebay

Reply to
Laughable

HA!

Reply to
Cheery Littlebottom

EBay questions have been acceptable here since it (EBay) began.

Yes, it's a bit OT, but it's recognized that many rmr's use Ebay to purchase stuff so it's part of the hobby in general.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" MRR Electronics Special Effects Lighting

Mike Tennent