Metalkworking things in Phoenix

I stand a good chance of spending two months or more in Phoenix starting next week. I was wondering if the locals could help me out with friendly metalworking stores, cool things to see, etc....

Thanks.

Reply to
TheAndroid

Captiol Metals has a nice showroom, 48th street north of Southern.

If any interest, there's a store called Woodworker's Source that's pretty cool.

What're ya doing here in Phoenix?

-Tom

Reply to
TT

---------------------------------------------------- Look up the Maricopa Live Steamers Phone 623 386 5737 or

Donald Warner

Don't let the facts interfere with your prejudices

Donald

I'm doing a short term software contract. I am pretty busy during the week, but my weekends will be free.

Reply to
TheAndroid

If you like Airplanes and aircraft engines, the Pima Air Museum down in Tucson is extremely cool. They have aircraft from fabric and wood through an SR71. They have a really nice powered, cutaway version of a radial engine that usually gets half an hour of my time every time I see it and I have been going there for a few years. They have a number of jet engines for close up perusal. As its coming close to the hot season, early in the day is the best time to see the place since a lot of it is outside.

Pima is about an hour and a half drive from Phoenix. Go south/east on I10 to Tucson and take the Valencia Rd exit. It's pretty well marked.

Bob

Reply to
MetalHead

Been there and it is really cool. This is one place that the jet race started - The base trained WWII fighter pilots - some of which - one - broke the sound barrier... :-)

Martin

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot