Hobby Shops In Phoenix?

I just moved to Phoenix, AZ. Anyone know of good rocketry hobby shops here? It should also have a variety of small hardware gadjets, thin
plywood, and other miscellaneous stuff (motors, airframes, etc. not necessary) for building bigger rockets. Thanks, Larry Lobdell Jr. NAR 58331 SR, L2
Welcome to the Valley! I hope you like your new home.
I just make small kit rockets (C motor) so my needs aren't that hard to fill. My favorite store is the Hobby Bench. I go to the one at PV Mall (Tatum and Cactus), but they have two other locations as well. I think Hobby Bench may have some high power stuff, but I am not plugged into that market, so I wouldn't know.
Thanks,
Mac

mac wrote:

Thank you. MSN weather says the temperature is supposed to be 115 tomorrow - quite a change from MI where I came from. I know - the humidity's lower.... Now if I could just get used to turning on the "cold" water and not being scalded :) Larry
mac wrote:

Thank you. MSN weather says the temperature is supposed to be 115 tomorrow - quite a change from MI where I came from. I know - the humidity's lower.... Now if I could just get used to turning on the "cold" water and not being scalded :) Larry
Hi Larry,
Welcome to AZ. I go to Hobby Town over at Gilbert Rd and Baseline. It's in a strip mall and its a real nice store. I moved here from Berkley, Michigan 5 years ago. I don't miss the snow at all. Arizona is the place to be in my opinion.
Mike Burch
Apache Junction
The Hobby Bench stores have a bit of history associated with them: They are owned by Lee Piester, the guy that started Centuri.
Here is Jay Goemmer's picture page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~gomero/hobbybench.html
And mine:
http://atomicturtle.net/modules/xoopsgallery/view_album.php?set_albumName 03-Centuri-Trip
That should get you started...
Larry Lobdell Jr. wrote:

There are two clubs out there that I would recommend:
http://www.ahpra.org / http://www.sssrocketry.org /
I have worked with both groups at one time or another. I did the opposite of what you did. Moved from Arizona to Minnesota.
Hobby Bench is a great store. At one time one of the employees was also an APHRA member and kept a good stock of HP parts.