NARAM "dining" ?

Any of these places nearby and worth trying out?
http://tinyurl.com/ppohu

http://www.sirius.com /

When I went to some restaurant sites, just about everything seems like it was 20+ miles away, back in Phoenix.
But your post brings up the annual question: How about another RMR et al dinner some evening. In the past Saturday has been the day of choice, because nothing is going on, but this year we have the night launch.
I suspect that most of the week we'll be having a late lunch/early dinner anyway.
I'm for an after launch lunch or an early dinner. I assume we'll all need to soak in a cold shower after the morning launch so are we looking at 2 or 3 pm?
I'm no fan of expensive steakhouses.
A trip to Rawhide would be nice for the tourists.
http://www.rawhide.com /
http://www.sirius.com /
Hey, they moved. I wonder if the food is still good in the new location?
http://www.sirius.com /

I went their in '86 if it's the place I'm thinking of, you do want to check it out, it's very cool.
if you go in the mine, besure to take your girlfriend ;)
Those places are scattered all over town. While I haven't been to a lot of them, and I don't think any are worth driving too far for. The only places I've been that I think are decent are Miracle Mile, Il Primo and Streets of New York, but none are fantastic IMO.
But I will throw out my recommendation for what I think is one of the best Mexican food joints in town, Tacos de Juarez, 1017 N 7th St. This isn't your typical big Mexican food chain place. These people barely speak English. It's a real dive, but DON'T BE AFRAID. It's pretty small so a good time to go might be after a weekday launch early afternoon. Yes, they sell beer.
Fred Shecter wrote:

Fred Shecter wrote:

Here is a website that lists eating establishments near the Phoenix International raceway, which is also near the NARAM site.
http://phoenix.about.com/library/weekly/aa092500c.htm
Oh my, you don't have to go far at all to eat. The official hotel is next door to a Macaroni Grill (I think that's what it is), and on the other side of that is a another restaurant (seafood, I think). There are many 'chain' restaurants and fast food restaurants on the same road, and within a few miles. If you like 'fine' dining, the Wigwam resort is a few miles away from the hotel. That area of the valley has built up over the last few years. It is no longer out in the middle of nowhere. Plenty of restaurants, there are grocery stores, and of course a Walmart. There's even a multi screen movie theatre.
I can't comment on each restaurant on that list, but if you want to know about any particular restaurant I can see if I know anyone that's eaten there and let you know about it.
Deby
--
Deby Falkner
Recovery Technologies