An authoritative physics guide?

Hi everyone,

I'm a software developer who plays with low-power (read: estes kit) models on the weekends. I've been toying with the idea of doing some programming with my rocketry hobby in mind. I'm well aware of RocSim and some other offerings out there, and I'm sure they're great. This isn't a commercial endeavor, just something to toy with.

Anyway... I wonder if anyone can recommend a decent book/web site/other material that would discuss the math and physics involved in our favorite pastime. Suggestions?

-- Jacob Thurman

Reply to
Jacob Thurman

See if

is helpful.

Reply to
DaveL

Click on a few links at:

Some practical motor theory:

Gary

Halliday & Resnick?

Topics in Advanced Model Rocketry?

Even Estes TR-10 / Centuri TIR-100.

Bob Kaplow

ONe book that has some useful stuff in it is "Physics for Game Developers" by David M. Bourg. It has a lot more than just rocketry in it, but there is a nice section on simulating the flight of a rocket.

Jonathan

"Remember to always keep the pointy end up."

---------------------------------------------------------------------- | Jonathan Sivier | Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace | | snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu | NAR #56437 | | Flight Simulation Lab | Tripoli #1906 | | Beckman Institute | Home Address: | | 405 N. Mathews | 5 The Summit | | Urbana, IL 61801 | Champaign, IL 61820 | | 217/244-1923 | 217/359-8225 |

---------------------------------------------------------------------- | Home page URL:

Jonathan Sivier

Well, if you're looking into possibly fabricating your own microelectronics, there's always:

"Britney Spears' Guide to Semiconductor Physics"

Reply to
Anonymous

now I know everything I ever wanted and needed to know about semiconductor physics....thanks to hedy lamarr and britney spears..... my brain runneth over and out my ears......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

The current version is in the bookstore at the college my wife teaches at. She said it now includes a CDrom.

Bob Kaplow

I purchased a slide rule with mine ... bamboo ... Of course my first computer class at Pitt was Fortran, including Wat 4 and Wat 5 -- wait, I'm turning into my Dad!

Reply to
tad danley

Cartoons in general are known to be non-Newtonian.

Bob Kaplow

Bugs Bunny never studied law, so the law of gravity didn't affect him.

;)

Reply to
Tim

Road Runner / Wyle E Coyote is worse.