Are hybrids always HPR?

> 1) Post the current NFPA rules as they apply to rocket motors of G or > less impulse. I haven't seen them yet. Thanks in advance. > > 2) Reread the info that I posted from the TRA BOD decision on G impulse > or lower hybrid rocket motors. You seem to be missing some of it. > > 3) Please try to understand point #5 from the BOD decision. It's not > saying what you are trying to imply it says. (Hint: It's not about > 'changing' the rules, but rather adding rules that do not yet exist, > and questioning if the addition of the rules is the correct step.)
Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed [announce only]
Must be something else because I am the one who said this first.
Also the schedule for NFPA revisions are as follows:
Code Proposals Adoption Published Meeting NFPA-1125 6-24-05 6-7-06 NFPA-1127 6-23-06 6-6-07 NFPA-1122 12-22-06 6-5-08
In short this is going to take YEARS if it even ever happens at all.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
I wasn't aware that the NAR or TRA provide their membership lists, certified user lists, or any thing else "to the feds". And if they ever did, at least without a search warrant, they'd get quite an earful from me and plenty of others.
Bob Kaplow
Actually, you can fly an H128 with NO waiver or notification at all if you stay under 453g total mass.
Bob Kaplow
in the original america, anything not regulated was allowed. you seem to adopt the views of the europeans.
No, it's not jerry's way, I think it's the original american way.
You need a purple pill and chill, or maybe you really need the blue pill instead.
Reply to
AlMax
How does the above, indicate that?
jerry, " The TRA BOD DOES NOT have sole control over 1127!"
Explain?
Poor jerry.
That seems reasonable to Me.
Poor, poor jerry.
Reply to
Dave Grayvis
If you submitted them, then you have a receipt of transfer?
you did not submit motors to TMT motor testing, you merely attempted to hand them directly to Sue. It was not Sue's responsibility to ship test motors to TMT motor testing, for you.
jerry, the above statement by you, makes no sense at all.
Are you high on glue?
What, headaches from glue sniffing?
Reply to
Dave Grayvis
They publshed their membership lists in public for years. They called it the yellow pages. They published an accompanying certified user list and sent those lists to motor vendors such as myself.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
todd:
I agree with everything you say, except why is the model rocket hybrid language being placed in 1127 and NOT 1122.? Its 1122 that concerns model rocketry NOt 1127 which is about high power. Perhaps the langauge needs to be placed in nfpa1125 instead? Or perhaps some in 1122 and some in 1125.... I don't see how 1127 applies to model rocket sized hybrids at all..
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
I could post snippets here of any of the 3 nfpa codes as I have them all, but Phil might accuse me of copyright violation. And there are downloadable ROP versions of all 3 nfpa codes that you can download at no cost.....
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
damn todd, be careful, phil will accuse you of being CHEAP for wanting a free posting of those nfpa codes...
By the way the only nfpa document that applies to either model rocket or hpr motors is 1125.... 112 applies to model rocketry and 1127 applies to hp rocketry.. they took the relevant model rocket and high power rocket requirements out of 1122/1127 and consolidated all that in 1125.....Code for the Manufacture of Model and High power rocket Motors....
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
I agree with this, Shockie.
On one hand, you could argue that new model size hybrid rules belong in the HPR code, (as the proposed rules keeping HPR style minimum distance, and age requirements). While on the other hand, you could argue that the new model size hybrid rules belong in the model rocket code for hybrids that fit the existing criteria of model rocket motors. This is up to the people in charge, and I am not one. ;)
If I had my way, the new model rocket sized hybrid rules would be proposed for the 1122 document.
Todd Moore Sky Ripper Systems.
Reply to
tamoore

Site Timeline