AT Fin Replacement?

OK, better post some content here, or I'll get in trouble with the rec.models.rockets cabal...

Flew my battle worn AT Strongarm on an F52-5 today. As a payload a parachute bearing plastic Donald Duck was ejected at apogee, but nothing else. I suspect that Don was crushed down on top of the Strongarm's chute due to the massive G forces of that terrifying Blue Thunder propellant thereby preventing the chute from deploying...

Donald was never recovered. He was spotted headed for the next county after catching a thermal... Strongarm came down hard... again... and cracked a fin hard enough this time to actually pull it loose from the Fin Lok(R) retention system, and also cracked a previously repaired fracture on the same fin from many flights ago.

This fin is shot.

Anyway..

I'm thinking of just cutting off all four fins (they've all been equally cracked, and repaired), routing out the slot (hopefully enough), and replacing them with TTWTTMM model aircraft plywood copies.

Lot's 'o work.

What's the groups accepted method of refurbishing a badly beaten set of AT fins?

Thankee all!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Nah, he's just meeting up with Daffy and they've headed south for the winter. Probably heard the lights are back on in Miami.

Randy

<randyolb

Nope, he was Headed East

Save my life I'm goin' down for the last time...

Dunno what it is with these small plastic cartoon characters attached to parachutes, and me... I just can't seem to get them back.

Po the Teletubbie tho' (s)he's a different story. Can't lose the thing if I tried...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

OMG.. I just mentioned Po...

LQQKY!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

wrote

I wonder how many people not from a City of Gold will get that reference...

Reply to
Al Gloer

Reply to
Jim M