soccer moms must die!

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I don't think married females with children who chase a ball like a bunch of bumble bees should stop living.

But I don't think governments should be paying private sports organizations money and giving them property that belongs to the taxpayers.

But, as we all know, you just follow the money trail to learn the truth.

------------------- Lake Washington Technical College and King County would take over ownership of most of the farm, with the college paying $500,000 to the soccer group.

(government paying money to the private sports org)

King County would give ownership of Sixty Acres South to the soccer group, and extend the group's lease of Sixty Acres North, also county-owned, to at least 50 years.

(government giving taxpayer land to a private sports org)

Reply to
AlMax

I'm being faeetious of course.....

its just that a prime piece of rocket launching park land here is bisected by soccer fields.....with soccer kiddiez......

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

This *was* our local flying field. The soccer group already had exclusive use of the north portion of the park (basically, you would be marked for death if you trof upon their fields while they were closed for the grass to recover). We shared the south portion and airspace with the glider guiders, and a dog group used it some days. Decent rocket field - maybe good for a "D" in a heavy bird, but great for smaller models.

I don't see how they are calling this a "swap", if the college is paying $500,000 for the farmland and the county is giving the group the park, while the glider, rocket, and dog groups lose the only place we have in the county.

Believe it or not, the county executive that was mantioned, Ron Sims, is running for re-election.

Reply to
Anonymous

I can see the 'soccer moms' handing out the 'how to vote' cards already!

Reply to
matt vk3zmw

Well, you just found your money trail ;-)

Reply to
AlMax

What would be ideal is if there was a way to coordinate shared used. Soccer fields make for an excellent place to fly low-power from. We used to use the soccer complex of a local small community; now it's tough to find a time when there isn't a game going on.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Joking or not, your subject is wholly and completely inappropriate.

As a parent of kids who play soccer and who also launch rockets, I'm a bit disgusted by it, even in jest.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

get a sense of humour kevin... if this disgusts you you are pretty easy to disgust.. heres some more disgusting comments ffrom me to for you: soccer moms must die because they ride around all day as taxi drivers for their pampered kiddiez wasting precious fuel in gas guzzling urban assault vehciles talking on theie cells phones continously and causing car accidents where they kill less fortunate people... is that disgusting enough for ya? it is for me...

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Welcome to rmr. It's all about being as disghusting as possible. You have risen to the chore.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

When I first saw the title of the htread I just thought it was an ad for a low grade movie out for Halloween. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

whats disgusting is your 25 yr history of theft, lies,etc...... only in america, would somebody with your history not be in prison...

head over to Ye Old Rocket Shoppe where they just published SNOAR newsletters from 84-91.... JI has been lying and stealing from people for 25 years.... and getting away with it most of the time.....now thats disgusting....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

So, you won't be upset when those same "soccer moms" who "must die" start claiming that rocketry folks must die and are a threat because they pollute the environment with their rocket exhaust and create a fire hazard?

I must admit, I'm not at all surprised by your juvenile pedantic response.

I also realize I shouldn't at all be surprised that you made the comment in the first place, as you've shown a consistent lack of tolerance for any opinion that disagrees with your own along with an incredible lack of self control.

For someone who seems to want to portray himself as some sort of hero for the cause, I hope you enjoy contemplating the damage that your one single, stupid, misguided comment can do.

How do you think the King County rocketry folks will be portrayed if, in an attempt to make sure there is public land available for their use, one of these soccer moms that you portray as being so evil comes across your wonderful prose and makes that part of the discussions with the authorities? It certainly doesn't paint the hobby in a very good light now, does it?

You will, of course, have some wonderfully eloquent response to claim that your wholly inappropriate comments are justifiable.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

yawn....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Mr. Kevin,

1.) how and why are ShockieB's comments innappropriate? 2.) in light of what would appear to be a deeply unfair political deal, what would you suggest should be done?

In light of both ShockieB's story, and the few I could find via Google, I think that ShockieB's reaction sounds about right:

A.) Pushy Soccer group (throwing neighbors out for playing soccer at unscheduled times; 8 soccer fields needed in 1 location???) B.) the original field (from the photos I've seen) is good for gliders and rocketry. the farm being mentioned sounds like a marsh. C.) a politician (who sounds somewhat slimy - I checked his web page) going on about "win-win-win." How do the rocketry clubs, the soaring clubs, and the local neighbors win?

Bob (cranky inventor who tends to dislike soccer moms for their demonstrated inability to follow rules when it constrains them.)

Reply to
Robert Juliano

So, what you're saying is that it's okay to advocate the death of someone because they've done something we don't like?

Calling them out for requesting unfair treatment? No problem. Saying they need to play by the rules? Wholly appropriate.

Saying they "must die"? Wholly INappropriate.

Lots of things, including writing to the local media, sending letters of protest to politicians, etc.

Advocating the death of someone, which has some rather nasty implications? Wholly inappropriate.

Next, will be be advocating the death of people in the hobby whose behavior we don't like? Where will it end?

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

hello? it was a joke said in jest.... sheesh.. the only people you can make fun of anymore are poor white southern males with no teeth.. hey that sounds like me!

see? I was makingg fun of my self..... its humour you morons! oops that Politically Incorrect ... I meant mentally challenged, surely don't want to rile up the mental defectives among us.....Phil?

shockie B)

shockie B)

one more time: the B) is 2 eyeballs with a smile...its a smiley face..... turn your head sideways

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Actually it's eyeballs behind a pair of shades... with a smile... :) or :-) is a smilely B) or B-) is a smilely with shades (i.e. cool...)

Aren't I anal tonight?!

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

Personally, I wouldn't publicly advocate the death of someone.

Working with an executive like Ron Sims - or at least who he presents himself - would literally be a waste of time.

Instead, I'd be inclined towards enlightened cattiness...

-I'd explain the conduct of the town to every person I had a positive social contact with, explaining that I'd be taking my business elsewhere, and not returning until there was a gliding/launch at least as good as the "swapped" one.

-I'd get a list of the proponents of the swap, and strongly suggest that no one I know deal with them in any capacity other than absolute life or death. (as an added piece: -I'm a Teacher of Special Needs- I'd recuse myself from any dealings with those students involved, and I'd recommend no teacher I know work with those families. I might suggest that any teachers in the county take the early retirement. 30% of all teachers are eligible for retirement nationwide, so it's worth a shot.)

-(assuming that friend ShockieB's comment is universal, and that the proponents are all female): I'd let everyone in my social network know how these "perhaps unstable, surely misguided, definitely short sighted" women ruined two groups, and apparently against at least some of the local neighbor's wishes. The idea is to make said women's chances of finding a date in the area approach zero. If she's married, shun her husband. If she's dating, shun him/her.

Unfortunately, these tactics are hard to do when in a minority.

Luckily, I don't have to worry about soccer moms interfering with my launches... I'm buyign a boat and a barge.

Bob (who would never consider working socially with suburban-idiot-soccer-moms)

Reply to
Robert Juliano