Aerotech Lawsuit gets thrown out

It appears AT could not pay for its lawyers in its lawsuit against Clark County and the Federal Judge dismissed the lawsuit with prejudice......

shockie B(

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

heres a better URL:

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

"shockwaveriderz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Hmm. Federal judge. Hmmm. Department of Justice. Hmmm. BATFE.... Hmmmm.

Nah, paranoia.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

I concur.

They seem to be making filings to appeal the ruling. Making it with prejudice was the deciding factor in appealing. I have to side with AeroTech,Inc. on that one. I do believe however in Clark County, Nevada a Corporation is REQUIRED to be represented by counsel since a corporation is a form of public entity.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What does with prejudice mean?

David

When a case is dismissed for good reason and the plaintiff is barred from bringing an action on the same claim when a judge says that a case is dismissed "with prejudice," the judge means that the case is dismissed for good reason and the litigant cannot bring an action on the same claim again shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

It means "final answer".

Without prejudice (what I would have expected) would have meant you made a mistake and I am dismissing the case and you can refile when you correct the imperfection.

With prejudice means either the mistake you made was so agregious I am punishing you for it by "lawsuit death", OR the case is of so little merit you have "no hope" of prevailing and I am saving everyone the trouble. If the former an appeal would likely prevail. If the latter maybe not.

Not having read any of the pleadings I have no speculation to offer.

But it is "irregular" for a judge to kill any plaintiff's chance at a day in court. This was not a "nuisance suit". It had actual merit. I cannot help notice the defendant and judge share the same employer.

I think.

Jerry

Coming from me that should be considered "an endorsement from the other side".

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's one of the big problems with the legal system -- if you have a legitimate complaint, you have to be rich to get justice. But if you're a moron who spills coffee on her crotch while driving, you'll have lawyers lining up to take your case.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Content!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Side note to this thread.

I heard a few days ago, that Aerotech has filed for chapter 11 protection.

Anyone else hear anything?

Reply to
ROY SIMPSON

Where is the ACLU now?!?!

Talk about be>

Christopher Cox

Probably making sure that bad old Ten Commandment monument doesn't come back and corrupt the nation. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Maybe they're out looking for another Oliver North to get off the hook.

Reply to
Anonymous

They're getting ready for the Silicon Valley Bowl Game........oh wait, you said ACLU, not UCLA.... dyslexia damned.

Mark Simpson

We could only hope. ;-)

Mark Simpson