Mates Greyed Out

What causes the Mate icon to remain greyed out in an assembly file?
This odd behavior is one I've not seen before.
Thanks - Bo
Reply to
Bo
That's a suppressed mate. SW keeps changing the way they deal with mate errors or warnings. I think they've reacted to a large group of "error phobic" users. It used to be that errors caused errors. Now, errors cause mates to suppress without warning so that the error doesn't show.
Bo wrote in news:2004102111523316807% bclawson@tilikumcom:
Reply to
matt
Usually just means they are suppressed, try right-clicking on one and unsuppress it. If you are using configurations sw will by default suppress mates that were created in a different configuration. You can change this behaviour by editing the config properties.
Zander
Reply to
Zander
According to SW help, mates with errors are suppressed but still display an error symbol. To suppress w/o an error symbol would be a nasty prank to play on us users.
Kman
Reply to
Kman
What is greyed out is the Mate icon to the left of the Feature Manager tree.
Closing SolidWorks and reopening does seem to "fix" it, but it may mean Uncl Billy Goat's Registry is bunged again.
Bo
Reply to
Bo Clawson