Frivolous Lawsuit

Going to make a bunch of lawyers rich, thats a given? and with the right council, he could win!

Too bad the concepts of right, wrong, common sense, good judgment, fair play, justice, ethics and all the other elemental foundations of civilization no longer get recognition in the courts.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

This is the sort of thing that makes me say things that make my liberal friends think I'm a conservative kook.

I think he should sue God. For making aluminum, and physics, and all that.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I don't think kids that age (probably a U16 travel team he was on) should be using aluminum bats at all, but hey everyone loves home runs.

Probably only a matter of time before helmets are mandated for pitchers, if they can find a company willing to design and produce them. The batter must wear a helmet and the ball can go back just as fast- and the pitcher is a sitting duck balancing on one foot at the end of pitch.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

When I was a teenager I was pitching and caught a line drive with my left eye. Knocked me flat on my back. Got concussed and was forced to take it easy for several days by MOM. Hated that. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Erik, in the United States, anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone else. For example, I could sue you for posting an article that wasted my time and hurt my feelings and ruined my keyboard. That would be unwise on my part and I would not be likely to prevail. But I could sue you.

So can a person injured by a baseball, can sue a baseball bat company. Wait a while and see what are the merits of his suit and whether he can prevail.

Ignoramus31430

In todays world 1-800 lawyers promote litigation in an effort to get insurance companies to settle the case before trial. All to often the insurance will comply to avoid the high cost of defending the insured. Sad but true. Proving ones inoscense is expensive.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

One of the very few good pieces of advice I ever got from a lawyer: You have never had a stomach ache until your name has been "The defendant."

Reply to
rangerssuck

I partially agree. Easton, on the other hand, does a very good job of brain washing kids into thinking that they NEED the super-duper bat (or hockey st ick or whatever) in order to be competitive. I read an interview with the p resident of Easton on this very subject, and he admitted (boasted, really) about how they've got the kids wrapped around their finger.

If we're talking about "good judgement" getting recognition in the courts, one might question the judgement of the team and/or the league in allowing aluminum bats in the first place.

Reply to
rangerssuck