Locksmith gets locked out of van

Locksmith gets locked out of van.

Rich

surprised that they didn't have some pics in their pocket. would think that the "manager" would be pretty pissed but not sure that the "manager" would say what they claim he said though. also, this natural situation wouldn't make them "sorry smiths". just more prepared the next time :-)

anyway, bet they were all embarrassed !!

Reply to
"Key

The Manager missed a golden publicity opportunity eg - we practice what we preach - our van was very well locked up.

Reply to
Peter

pocket.

practice

agree, he sure did miss a "golden publicity opportunity"

Reply to
"Key

Been in the same situation years ago myself, and in front of about 6 young guys and their girlfriends, whom I had just let them into their mini bus. Had to climb into a dumpster to scrounge a length of packing tape to use, and didn't I cop a pizzling off all those young buggers. Live and learn eh !

Reply to
Steve Paris

pocket.

but

smiths".

front of about 6 young

their mini bus.

packing tape to use,

Live and learn eh !

Steve, did it many times till I hid a key :-) if anyone was watching ? I would call kitt :-)

Reply to
"Key

Did it too. The last time I did it, I was at a slim open. Promply locked all the tools in the truck. I found an old Kwikset knob and took the spring and my trusty mini Craftsman screwdriver and unlocked the truck in front of the girl, opened her truck, and got me a date for that Saturday.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Remember, if he had nobody would have heard the story.

"A fail safe system fails by failing to fail safe", and a locksmith locks himself out by locking his tools on the wrong side of the door.

If it hasn't happened to you, just wait; it will.

(Didn't bother looking at the story. This is Not News, and not even all that interesting. We're human too. Yawn.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

I really thought it was cute and I felt for these folks. I've worried about the same thing myself, but so far I've been lucky. It'd be bad enough, I'd hate to have an audience. Especially one with a camera and a paper.

Reply to
MThomas859

Did that once in 32 years. Pulled out my wallet and used the spare key. :))

Reply to
Unk

Can't fit a spare key in my wallet, too much cash stuffed in it, ha ha. :-)

Reply to
Steve Paris

You are absolutely right about that Peter!

Unfortunately, this incident could have been made into a brilliant advertising coup for the locksmith company if they had any public relations savvy. With a little humor, and a statement to the effect that "our security skills are so good that we can even lock ourselves out" would have made a big difference in the tone of the news article. ATTITUDE makes all the difference in dealing with people. What happened is a typical example of how not to deal with the press or the general public. This PR disaster makes all locksmiths look bad, and it violates the First Law of Public Relations: "Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel!"

Reply to
Wodahsa

stuffed in it, ha ha.

got two words for ya ! (duct tape)

g'day Steve

Reply to
"Key

I saw once, and maybe on this group, that a locksmith only NEEDS two things in his tool box. Duct Tape and WD40. If it moves and it's not supposed to, use the Duct Tape. It it doesn't move and it is supposed to, use WD40. <g> Sorry I can't give appropriate credit. I have both in my tool box.

Reply to
MThomas859

NEEDS two things in

supposed to, use the

WD40. <g> Sorry I

three things. you forgot a hair dryer :-)

Reply to
"Key

I believed what you said up to the last sentence. STOP LYING!!! Everybody knows you're gay.

Reply to
Rich

Common troll.

I started to get my blood pressure up but then thought why bother.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

open. Promply

knob and took the

the truck in front

that Saturday.

LYING!!!

bother.

don't mess with your blood pressure Glen. he is probably just looking for a companion :-)

g'day

Reply to
"Key

One thing's for sure now everyone knows you're an Ass.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

-snip-

Did the e-mails originate from Microsoft? If not anything in common with their headers and those from the post (haven't looked at them) that earned your comment?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere