My New Van

New company, new design...

How's this for striking?

And the yellow and blue along with the smiles are all reflective.

Night time pictures coming soon.

Sunshine Locksmith Team

SunshineTeam.net

Pretty Flashy I'd say.....

Leon

Sunsh> New company, new design...

Reply to
Leon Rowell

Pretty snazzy. Keep us advised how you like the Sprinter.

I have a simular engine in my car and at almost 300k miles it still runs really well. Every one I have talked to that drives a Sprinter seems to really like it and loves the mileage.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I would also like to see the pros & cons reguarding your van. mpg, power to weight eficiency. have been thinking of one of those for our next van.

g'day

Reply to
Key

So far, I love it.

Only have 2300 miles on it. The computer says I have 8300 miles to go before the next oil change.

It's not really broken in yet, but with it full of the locksmith stuff, I'm getting 22 MPG.

It's got a heavier payload than any other van out there.

Acceleration is much better than you'd think. It's a 5 cylinder diesel, but I honestly can't complain about the acceleration one bit.

Diesel is cheaper than gas right now, which adds to the fun of it.

I have the short roof, but it's much better than any other van I've owned. So much more comfortable.

It's actually built by Mercedes, then shipped here and assembled by Dodge. The only Dodge parts on it are the hub caps and the steering wheel emblem. All parts on it are branded with the Mercedes logo.

Only thing I have to complain about is the crappy radio sound, the steering wheel won't tilt, and the power locks are quite weird to get used to.

I didn't get the factory bench seat behind the driver's row. That was over $1300.

Instead, I spent about $800 or $900 on seats that flip out of the way.

That way I can carry people or cargo. It's come in handy a lot.

20 seconds, and the seats flip all the way up, or all the way down.

It's meant to seat 3 in that row, but this weekend the in-laws came down and I had 4 in that row. (My other vehicle only holds 5 people... I had

6 to seat.)

So far, this is the best van I've owned. I'm just so excited about working out of it full time when I move to Florida in 2 months.

Sunsh>> Pretty snazzy. Keep us advised how you like the Sprinter.

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net

Also the same thing is sold with a Freightliner badge.

Well I am not sure about Florida, but in California having those seats make it a station wagon and you can save big bucks on your license plates as you don't need commercial plates and pay weight fees.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Here's the night shots:

The key on the passenger side was done with 3M reflective and isn't as bright as the other stuff done with Avery reflective. Big difference at night. In fact, one of the rays on the 3M was damaged during installation, so I covered it with the Avery. It was way too bright at night compared to the other rays and I had to find some 3M and cover it up again.

I'm told the 3M lasts longer though. Time will tell.

Sunshine Locksmith Team

Sunsh> New company, new design...

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net

Only thing I'd change, make the phone number bigger on the side. Other than that, it looks wonderful.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yeah, I think the phone is too small as well. And the company name originally was designed bigger too.

My lettering guy made them smaller.

I'd also just have the key on the hood and the company name above the windshield if I did it again.

Sunsh> Only thing I'd change, make the phone number bigger on the side. Other

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net