Mobile Locksmith Van

We are looking for the "perfect" used mobile locksmith/security system van. I'm talking about suggestions here only, as we're in Canada. There must be someone who has run across a spacious, but not too big, vehicle. We would appreciate any and all comments! Thanks, LJ

Reply to
LJ

There's an article on this almost every year in the trade journals, wherein they invite folks to send in photos and pick the best. The _nicest_ I've seen was a retired ambulance -- lots of storage compartments outside, lots of space inside, lots of headroom.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Those Freightliner "Sprinters" (also marketed by Dodge to replace the Ram

2500) are really nice to work out of, if they just weren't so butt-ugly. They are also pretty pricey, too.

The used ambulances are also really nice, however, I understand some repairs/maintenance can be more expensive that a regular van. (Alternators, brakes, trannies, etc.)

I buy (used) 2/4 ton vans and have an extra leaf installed on each side in the back as soon as I buy it.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML