Where are we going or what are we doing.

Gentlemen, We have four days off this weekend,what are we all doing. I for one must prepare the Bedford for its MOT but that still leaves me three days to play.:-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

In article , Campingstoveman writes

I have been wondering if there will be a gathering at Tewin, Herts (about three miles SW of me) as there has been in some past years. (I've never seen it advertised, so it may be private). Normally, we're elsewhere over Easter, but finances dictate otherwise this year, so we may do a drive-by or two over the weekend and see if there's a field of engines.

Regards, Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

If it is what I think is that near Harlow because there is a steam gathering near a pub.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Andrew is it this nr Matching Tye

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Tewin is about 15 miles or so WSW of Harlow; the nearest pub (Rose and Crown) being about a third of a mile away to the N by E.

Regards, Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

No; please see my other reply - though many thanks for the heads-up on the Matching Tye one, if the Tewin one doesn't happen or is on a different day.

Regards, Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

Heading for Internal Fire to see the 168hp Tangye horizontal get fired up on Saturday. For me, it's just a wonderful engine.

Even went mad yesterday & dug years of crud off my Handyman. Started it for the first time in some 15 years. Will run it on Sunday at Internal Fire. Poor thing should get some air in its one hundredth year ..............

Colin

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Colin Osborne

The £5 saved from Sod will cover the cost of getting into Wales so we plan to do the same. The MLD 7 worked less than a mile from me and, chatting to some of the chaps that worked it and removed it, it is remembered with great fondness and recalled as near silent. It even seems to have enough moving parts for SWMBO :-) and as a bonus the route is littered with rivers and the last part follows the Teifi.... ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

and the last part follows the Teifi....

O/T I know but the mention of that brings back memories of Cilwendegs gone by. Fabulous days/nights.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I'm very envious - I shall be going 180o in the opposite direction, roofing the Longhall in Kent. This year should see it finished VBG!

Have fun in Wales.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to