Lifes like that, kicks you where it hurts

Gentlemen,

This weekend I am going to replace all of the brake cylinders on the front of the Bedford so this afternoon I decided to swap the Bedford and trailer around to make life easy. Backing the Bedford back up the drive I clipped one of the wall support pillars with the bumper so if anybody wants a 8 x 4 foot trailer full off bricks then I will deliver them. Enough to build a thirty foot wall :-))

I daren't touch the camper tomorrow incase something breaks.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Martin,

Carefull, someone in Scotland or Wales may take you up on your offer.

Regards

Reply to
andyengine

Andy,

That's why I added the smiley, apart from the fact I have destroyed a wall the furthest the bricks will get is the tip.

campingstoveman

Oh Martin, I do like your idea of making life easy. Most folks would drive out and then back in again in a different order. Redesigning the front garden is your idea of the easy option? As for your kind offer of a trailer full of bricks; Yes please. I would really apreciate it. The bricks are'nt much use but the trailer certainly will be.

How's the Dormobile? I hope it didn't damage the patina.

John :-)

Reply to
John

John,

The damage to the Dormobile is very slight and this morning there is an Insurance claim form in the post for the construction of a new wall, not bad service from my Insurance company and only the second claim in 28 years of house ownership. The first claim being caused by severe wind damage to the house roof in 1997. I was working and staying away from home in Chesterfield at the time when one evening I got a call from my wife which went " the roofs coming off", "what can I do, I'm a long way from home", "but the tiles are crashing down outside", "stay inside then". an hour later another phone call, " the big wall is laying in next doors garden what do I do", " leave it there its not hurting anyone is it" The conversation regarding this one went " what the hell did you do that for", " I felt like it, as if I would do it on purpose", " there goes the new stair carpet then, the sooner you sell that bloody Dormobile the better". I thought I was on a looser there until I read my buildings insurance.

Reply to
campingstoveman