G5 Kicks Major BOOOT-HAY

Dual 2 gigs

1 ghz FSB 3 PCI-X slot 64-bit processor 4GB barrier and support up to 8GB of 400MHz, 128-bit DDR SDRAM

I am a big fan of MAC's design, though I am on PC 90% of the time, you guys have to admit that this is a kick azz machine

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

Is there any 3D CAD running on Mac ? Does SW run on the Mac's Windows emulator (what's its name yet...) ? Would be nice to benchmark it ;-)

Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

You would more than be able to run SW on a software package called Virtual PC, then run windows whatever, and then run SW and it run just fine. Mind you "it aint as crisp" as if it were on a PC, but it has been done.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

Actually Ashlar's Vellum/Cobalt, et al, run on the Macintosh and use the ACIS kernal/3D database which is owned by ... Dessault! Ashlar also runs on Wintel Pentiums.

I have used SolidWorks on VPC with Windows 98 back over 2 1/2 years ago for a bit while waiting for my Dell to arrive. 500mhz G3 CPU was way too slow for emulation to be usable, but it did work. I'll try VPC with Windows 2000 again when the dual G5's hit the shelves.

Bo Clawson

Reply to
Bo Clawson