for you "'smiths" that like everything cute

I found this on a pinball ng I read.

Reply to
billb

Pinball? Who makes the best pins? Gottlieb, Williams or Bally?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

sadly, the three you mention are long gone.

Reply to
billb

OK lets try this question then. Who made the best pins, Gottlieb, Williams or Bally?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I tend to collect and work on only Gottlieb models and only the EM era not the computer variety. My knowledge of electronics is not up to snuff, but the EM ones are no more complicated than a doorbell, so that gives me something to do. It's a nostalgic thing I guess, I played these games a lot as a kid.

Reply to
billb

Now I thought I was the only Locksmith that likes and Collects Pinball Machines

Williams are my personal Favorite.

Everyone have a Good Weekend

Reply to
arrowlockservice

And to Imagine I'm the Guy that sold those Combo Cam Locks to the Gentleman that has the Web Site. Small World I guess.

CCL makes the Cam Locks and they are pretty neat.

Reply to
arrowlockservice

I always seemed to do better playing on the Williams machines. My all time favorite was Satin Doll. It came out in the early 70's and no matter how high they set the replay score, I could beat the machine consistently.

As far as your assessment that the EM machines are no more complex than a door bell I tend to disagree. All of those wonderful mechanisms inside were a joy to behold. I remember the first time I saw the inside of a solid state machine I was rather disappointed at the vast empty space inside. I also did not like the lack of the sounds in the solid state machines. Real bells, clicks and thunks were much more enjoyable.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

It might depend on how one defines "complexity". Maybe he meant that they are no more complex than a couple of hundred doorbells !

Reply to
Tom Rauschenbach

Here's some satin doll pictures for you to reminisce.

Let me know if you ever need one or similar.

Reply to
arrowlockservice

Ever tried these?

I installed some for Locknet a couple months ago. Nice little lock. A lot faster to gain access than the dial type.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

What would a machine like that go for anyway?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I have a Chicago Coin "Hollywood" that I have a lot of fun with.

Leon Rowell

Roger Shoaf wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

I seldom pay more than 200 dollars, but it depends on condition. the ones I buy usually have numerous problems and usually don't work. the mechanical problems take about a week to diagnose and correct, the cosmetic issues a lot longer.

Reply to
billb

Eventually I'm going to buy a Sefecracker by Bally

Reply to
arrowlockservice

I remember a game called "KingPin". Can't remember if it was Williams or not. Real bells and stuff,but had an electronic siren with rotating beacon that lit up the whole place and wailed like hell when you hit extra credits. Quite fun. I also played one of Williams early electronic games-single dimension-piloted-spaceship with all types of other ships attacking.can't remember the name.

goma.

Reply to
goma865