"Key" probably will be hit with latest hurricaine on Sun

For those of you that are not up on your geography our friend "Key" will probably be clobbered by the latest hurricane on Sunday morning. Luckily he is far enough inland to be spared the kind of devastation that hits the coastal cities, but it should be a whopper of a storm nonetheless.

or

Roger Shoaf

thanks for the concern Roger. my location should be ok. the worst we (may?) get will be category #1 winds.

have a lot of relatives down around Vinton / Lake Charles I am worried about. believe they have all gotten out by now. at least I hope so !

I do feel for New Orleans again though. look like the hurricanes are sure picking on them.

Reply to
Key
  1. there is ANOTHER storm out in the Atlantic awaiting its turn.. and
  2. they are calling for up to 25" of rain in central Arkansas/Texas areas, so if the WIND dies down, the Rain will get em..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Good luck to you on this Key..... Even category 1 winds wouldn't be a lot of fun.

Leon

'Key wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

the rain forecast has changed. it didn't stall in Ark like they thought. Tex and La are in the clear. at least for now.. around here in NE La, the winds didn't get over 52 mph. we do have some flooding though and electric outages. nothing like those poor folks down south Tex & La.

Reply to
Key

Thank Leon, we got real lucky !!!

what I hate is the pending gas prices to come in the next few days.. at least there wasn't much damage to the refineries down south Tex and south La. if that were to have happened ? the pending prices would be sticking around for a while...

g'day

Reply to
Key

got some friends in Minnesota.. that had a storm last week.,,, the was told today that MAYBE they will get power back on Tuesday.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

they seem to be getting the power back up pretty fast around here. we have a lot of folks that ran from the hurricanes around here. a cleaning company, which I have a little interest, is cleaning the expo hall where a lot of folks are staying.

Reply to
Key