Going to hibernate are we

Gentlemen,

Where are we, topic for discussion, the winter project.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Well...... probably the most pressing but non-winter-type project is to build some more engine storage space. The biggest aspect of this project is getting planning permission from 'her indoors' as we seem to clash on the optimum location. She wants it in an inaccessible part of the garden, out of the way like, and I want it where I can get to it with that huge Blackstone or Tangye that I will one day acquire but don't want to tell her about yet (or ever)!

In the background I am restoring my water-cooled Norman (?), writing an article on it for SEM, finishing my T600, finishing the half scale 'Economy' I'm building, fabricating a humongous trolley for my tank-cooled Petter M

5hp so that I can add a big genny to it to provide the load it so badly needs, building a trolley for a Lister A tank-cooled so that I can flog it and another trolley for a 1.5hp Petter M/compressor set up.

Luckily there are few other projects in the pipeline to keep me going after the end of this month :)

Reply to
mark.howard10

Mark, You can never have too much storage space....My main project is to finish the new engine shed - currently consists of a lifting beam and a

10m by 5m roof - trouble is it's already full, with more stuff in the pipeline. Other jobs are to build trolleys for several of the larger engines, install the Crossley FOE on a foundation, and a hundred and one other minor tasks - as I always say 'more projects than NASA, but sadly without their funding!'

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Yes all right we get the picture:-)) seriously though what are you going to restore this winter :-))

Reply to
campingstoveman

I hopefully will be finsihing our 3 hp appletop and getting the SD4 running, and restoring a parker pump which we purchased from Arthur G, looks like ill be busy :-)

Regards bob

Reply to
Bob

Scuse my igorance, wot's an SD4?

Reply to
mark.howard10

Bloody hell Dan! 50 sq metres!!

I'm struggling to get an additional 15 sq metres approved!

Trying to sell the idea of a small farm to madam, obviously on the basis that we really need space for the daughters horse, but secretly plan on a few tractors to go with the engines and cars. Bit of an uphill struggle at the moment!

Reply to
mark.howard10

That was a nice pump.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Bamford Vertical Diesel - an interesting, and fairly uncommon, lump - though rather heavy!

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Here I am back from unsuccessfully trying to send the Normans back whence they came - great fun to have a sword in my hand again after ten years doing the narration!

I'm in the middle of a low-key restoration of a Villiers Mk 15 OHV, now mounted on oak & driving a curious three commutator dynamo. Eye catching, but no output yet.

I really ought to finish the L'Aster that is cluttering up the bench & as it only needs a few things doing now, I might even get round to it next.

After that - God knows, there's enough choice!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

You don't like Normans ?

I think they are quite neat little engines :)

And wouldn't a spanner be better than a sword?

regards

Alan

Reply to
Algernon

Hibernate? Why's that ? I've got a nice old almost-unused Coleman double-burner petrol stove to play with. A 4M (Canadian, 1960s ?) model with a round tank. 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We spent Rita's birthday in San Francisco, absolutely gorgeous Autumnal day with warm sunshine and no great crowds. Went to the cable car museum, well worth the visit and free admission.

It's 05.29 here as I type, still dark outside but I can't adjust easily to the hours changes!

Hope to get some work done on the multitude of engine projects this winter, but the pile of scaffolding outside the house suggests otherwise...

Back in the UK on Friday.

Peter

Reply to
Listerdiesel