I can see you

Gentlemen,

Now I am home for the weekend and up for a chat you are all hiding behind your computers watching me, nobody got anything to say or doing then :-((

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Too busy writing HTML for websites..... :-))

Actually writing up the big 100kW charger we just outshipped (at last!)

Got most of your winter project stuff done as well...

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Hi Martin

Seeing how things appear slack, a stove matter. Got what appears to be a old primus syle stove which has a more industrial appearance, qite heavy. Cast top ring supported by 3 iron rods. Could it be a glue pot heater? Any info around on this sort of thing? I suppose I should really go an excavate and take a pic..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Martin,

just got in from the shed, after mostly stripping the 3/1 wreck for bits for the

10/2. The blue spanner has proved most useful tonight. I've put more effort into the destruction of the 3/1 then I have into the rebuild of the 10/2 so far!

I was hoping that you would entertain me with tales of disc spinning on the lathe, but it's not to be. I have an exciting weekend ahead, mucking out the sheds ready for lambing. Fork, anyone?

Regards, Arthur G

computers watching me, nobody got

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Photographs would be better if possible please :-))

Mart> Camp>>

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Arthur,

I always thought a picture was better than a thousand words :-)) What would you like to know.

Martin P

Arthur Griff> Martin,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

A new memory might even be better! :-) Dug it up and dusted it off... I must admit it's been at least 10 years since I laid eyes on it. A bit of my description fits. :-)

It's even got a maker's plate: The Portable Furnance & Patents Co. Ld. Carrington. Nottingham Marked Size No. 2

Tom

Reply to
Tom

It would appear that I had the wherewithall to provide my own answers, down in the attic. :-)

The dig was quite productive as I found quite a few things that had been deleted from memory..:-) Mainly mc engine bits. Squariel, Triumph and Vinnie stuff. The Vinnie stuff was real surprise, as I thought I sold all that 20 odd years ago. I'll have to track down the Qantas pilot again..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

From my recollections of school, "proper" glue was heated over a water bath: anything else would, I think, be to fierce.

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:

Brian Dominic me

Oh My Gawd........................... takes me back to my second job, at Sheen Equipments in Bulwell, Nottingham, where we made the more modern gas-owered version!

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:

Brian Dominic me

Gosh, just how old are you! :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Tom,

From your photographs its something that I have never seen before and in relation to camping stoves I think it would not so much boil water as melt the kettle :-))

I would agree with Roland as being for heating something like tar, definitely construction use.

Mart> >

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

By the way Good Morning, its foggy this morning in Bedfordshire but still warm so will spend my day outside. Other weather reports would be interesting to see how accurate the weather people are :-))

Mart> Arthur,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Misty here in Northants, but we are only 15 miles from you as the crow flies so wouldn't expect different :-))

Ploughing through company website updates this morning, drilling holes in the field later on if I can get the post-hole borer to run.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Misty just north of Bristol as well.

Got the caravan out from winter storage yesterday so that needs a wash and polish. Then some time in the garage :-))

JohnR

Reply to
John Rogers

Lovely bright sunny day up on the North Pennines. Makes up for yesterday when the hill fog was about with a vegance (visibilty down to 50m or less) and the nasty, 'orrible, fine rain that soaks you through without you realising it's actually raining.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Actually, I thought the cataloge listing I posted with the photos, explained it all..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Reply to