Help I'm in trouble

Gentlemen,

For various reasons I have had to reboot my computer twice, Zone alarm locked tne computer up and other little problems.

I need some information regarding setting up email accounts with outlook express using BT Broadband. In Accounts under POP3 what do I enter as my client and SMTP is it snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com.

Could you answer using snipped-for-privacy@tecniplastuk.com as I am presently using my company email and laptop.

Any comments on Macafee also as it has a firewall also.

By the way no pictures of Stotfold as in a fit of temper I forgot to save to disc so wiped out the lot :-((

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

Me again, can someone also give me the web address of the company most of us use to retrieve our postings on the news group.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Email to the above address bounced. The information you need would appear to be here:

it is not correct, let me know and I will see if I can find more information.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

With regards to computer instability have you run chkdsk recently? It amazes me how few people actually do this, but it is essential to maintaining a trouble free computer. I always recommend it be done at least once a week.

to run chkdsk do the following :-

goto start/run enter cmd and press enter type chkdsk /f the computer will say the drive cannot be locked for esclusive use and do you want to run chkdsk on next boot select y and press enter. reboot

it will take a few minutes, but will correct any errors in your file allocations and other partition problems.

The other thing worth doing regularly is running regclean

do a web search for "regclean download" put the program in its own folder then run it. click "fix errors" any chages it makes are saved and can be replaced if necessary by clicking the .reg file that is created.

I find that many computers i have to fix are cured by this.

If the computer won't boot you can always do the same as chkdsk from the recovery console you can select from the xp installation disk however the instruction then is chkdsk /p

Reply to
alspam1

Hi Martin I have sent you an e-mail about setting up your account and as to Macafee I use it and find it very good regards Nick

Reply to
nick

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your assistance, all I need now is the time to sort it all out properly in between work, rallying, fine weather and browny points doing thse little jobs for the wife.

For instance drove to Edinburgh yesterday and drove back today, in London for two days so maybe this weekend wife permitting.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman