OT; I need some help

Gentlemen\ lady,

I have a BT Broadband hub and occasionally when my Daughter is on the desktop computer I, which is wired direct to the hub, I use my laptop via the wireless connection. When I recover my new emails using OE with the laptop they do not appear on my Desktop which also uses OE. how can I make them appear on both machines.

Ta,

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

laptop

You can't - always. You need to decide which will be your primary machine ( in this case Desktop ) and secondary machine ( Laptop ) In the OE settings on the laptop, choose Tools / Accounts / Mail then highlight the email account and click on properties. Click on Advanced and put a check in the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option.

Now if you download mail with the laptop, it will also remain on the server until the desktop downloads it.

You can only have one Master machine, so if you download mail with the desktop, the laptop will not have a copy.

Reply to
Barry Ruck

A number of ways:

1) see if you mail is available via your isp's webmail interface

2) see if your isp supports collecting mail via imap

3) check the box on OE in the laptop (most likely under something like "inbound e-mail-checking for e-mail") marked leave mail on server. This way if you receive the e-mail on your laptop it will still be there to retrieve it from the desktop also. Do it the other way round and unless you check the same box on OE in the desktop it will be deleted when you get them with the desktop. If you check the box on both computers then the mail will just build up on the server and start bouncing back to the senders that you are over quota.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Thanks Gents