Need help with keys for some old cars

I need help. I have a job making some keys for some old cars and my
applications list does not have them. Could anyone help me with this
information:
1928 willies ignition key
1954 hudson ignition, doors, and trunk keys
1940 lesall? ignition and door keys
1953 bently ignition and door keys
1928 buick ignition and door keys
any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has the space and depth
information that would help out also. I have some old code books but
they don't have the space and depth.
Thank you]
Carl
Reply to
Mirth
Briggs & Stratton
I believe the bently has a Yale pin tumbler with the same keywar as the newer Rolls or Bently. I suspect but I am not sure though the Lesall since it sounds british will probably use a union lock like the MG's and the triumphs fron the 60's
Never seen one of these. Might be a Yale Or B&S wafer. They also used some screwy bent blade blanks and some double sided keys back then.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
Try H 1098M or equivalent for old cars first. Impression a bit to verify spacing- probably Hudson or Willys codes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 344 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Reply to
Bill Halle
There is a good list of oldies. I th ink the GM sidebar came out in 36. That was six spaces, four depths. Can't remember what they did before that. Probably wafers like AMC used for all these years. As to the others, I'm not sure. My Framon book may have depths and spaces. Probably easier to impression.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
one of the magazines has a soft cover book available..shows most of the american cars of VERY old days, and pictures of the keys they used.. does NOT list code series or the like but otherwise is handy.. and i just discovered mine is packed in an odd place and I cant find it...lol --Shiva--
Reply to
me
Hi Carl,
The '28 Willys ignition uses the WO201-450 code series and the original B&S 42107 (round head) or 42755 (octagon head) blank.
The 1954 Hudson uses H601-H1100 code series and uses the same blank as above.
I find nothing on Lesall
The only listing I can find in my reference books for early Bently is code series BSL (Yale blank 62HA) & code series RDA (Yale Blank 62HB).
The 1928 Buick used the B250-499 code series on all locks including the ignition, which they called a Co-incidental lock. The original B&S blanks were 42106 (round head) and 42253 (octagon head).
The Universal B&S 75101 (round head) and B&S 75102 (octagon head) will work as a replacement for any of the above original B&S blanks.
They would all use the standard early B&S depths & spacings.
Leon Rowell, Locksmith "Specializing in Antique Autos & Motorcycles"
Mirth wrote: > I need help. I have a job making some keys for some old cars and my > applications list does not have them. Could anyone help me with this > information: > 1928 willies ignition key > 1954 hudson ignition, doors, and trunk keys > 1940 lesall? ignition and door keys > 1953 bently ignition and door keys > 1928 buick ignition and door keys > any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has the space and depth > information that would help out also. I have some old code books but > they don't have the space and depth. > Thank you] > Carl
Reply to
Leon Rowell
Hey Carl,
It just struck me.... I think you are probably thinking about the 1940 La Salle. It used the 8000-9499 code series used on GM vehicles from 1935-1966. It used the B&S 82114 (clover leaf head) and B&S 82116 (octagon head) blank. (Ilco H1098LA & O1098LA and Natl/Curtis B10 & B11)
In my previous post some substitutes would be Ilco 1098M & H1098M and Natl/Curtis B1 & B2 in the older blanks.
Leon
Le> Hi Carl, > > The '28 Willys ignition uses the WO201-450 code series and the original > B&S 42107 (round head) or 42755 (octagon head) blank. > > The 1954 Hudson uses H601-H1100 code series and uses the same blank as > above. > > I find nothing on Lesall > > The only listing I can find in my reference books for early Bently is > code series BSL (Yale blank 62HA) & code series RDA (Yale Blank 62HB). > > The 1928 Buick used the B250-499 code series on all locks including the > ignition, which they called a Co-incidental lock. The original B&S > blanks were 42106 (round head) and 42253 (octagon head). > > The Universal B&S 75101 (round head) and B&S 75102 (octagon head) will > work as a replacement for any of the above original B&S blanks. > > They would all use the standard early B&S depths & spacings. > > Leon Rowell, Locksmith > "Specializing in Antique Autos & Motorcycles" > > > > Mirth wrote: > >> I need help. I have a job making some keys for some old cars and my >> applications list does not have them. Could anyone help me with this >> information: >> 1928 willies ignition key >> 1954 hudson ignition, doors, and trunk keys >> 1940 lesall? ignition and door keys >> 1953 bently ignition and door keys >> 1928 buick ignition and door keys >> any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has the space and depth >> information that would help out also. I have some old code books but >> they don't have the space and depth. >> Thank you] >> Carl
Reply to
Leon Rowell
Man, you need to get organized...... ;^)
Leon
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:
> [...]
Reply to
Leon Rowell
well, I built a building and got rid of the big van.. and things that i dont use THAT often are still packed away..
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
Cadillac and La Salle have a code series of X1-250 and uses a Ilco 1098M . Some of the old Rolls Royce use a Ilco 997X this crosses to Curtis Y6. The only thing I was able to find on Huudson was that it may use a Ilco 01122 or Y11. I was not able to come up with anything for the Willies. John Middleman, CRL. Roger Shoaf wrote:
Reply to
pickproof
I moved in '98 and I'm still digging stuff out.....
Leon
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote: > > > >>Man, you need to get organized...... ;^) >> >>Leon > > > well, I built a building and got rid of the big van.. and things > that i dont use THAT often are still packed away.. > > --Shiva-- > >
Reply to
Leon Rowell
Hi John,
the X1-X250 code series was used on the 1927-'31 La Salles. The 1935-'40 La Salles used the 8000-9499 code series.
Leon Rowell
pickproof wrote:
> [...]
Reply to
Leon Rowell
GM-1935-1965 Ilco Blank: H1098LA Shoulder to center of 1st cut: .107 Cut to Cut: .093 Drop: .025 1=.250 2=.225 3=.200 4=.175
Reply to
goma865

Site Timeline