Need help with 46 size engine

Hello,

I am building my second plane, a GP Super Sportster 40 and am trying to decide on the best engine. The OS FX 46 and the Thunder Tiger 46 Pro seem to be the most talked about. Both have a lot of good things said about them, but they both also have bad. The posts I have read are a couple years old and was wondering if the issues with each, lining peeling on OS and setup and deadsticking on the TT, have been resolved. If anyone can give me some input or suggestions on other engines I should consider, I would appreciate it. Reliability is most important to me, followed by performance. I am willing to pay more for an engine I can trust in both areas. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

It's not necessary to post the same question multiple times just because you don't receive an immediate response.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

I have had good personal success with the OS, and have heard many good reports about the TT Pro series. I'd flip a coin, and see which engine your LHS has the most parts and accessories for. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

My experience with OS engines has been outstanding both in terms of the engine performance and also (and just as important) their customer relations.

Reply to
Cva6991

I think you will find agreement that the peeling liner on the OS is a thing of the past. I have a couple and have never had a problem. If you are willing to spend a little more, the OS 50sx is a great engine. It is ringed and has a better carb hold down and more power. I sure like mine.

Reply to
JR

I think you will find agreement that the peeling liner on the OS is a thing of the past. I have a couple and have never had a problem. If you are willing to spend a little more, the OS 50sx is a great engine. It is ringed and has a better carb hold down and more power. I sure like mine.

Reply to
JR

I think you will find agreement that the peeling liner on the OS is a thing of the past. I have a couple and have never had a problem. If you are willing to spend a little more, the OS 50sx is a great engine. It is ringed and has a better carb hold down and more power. I sure like mine.

Reply to
JR

On 7/16/2003 10:04 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I have both the OS 46 FX and the TT Pro 46. Both are great engines. You do need to be aware that the TT will require a longer breakin time than the OS. Except for that, it is a matter of preference as to a front or rear needle valve. You will not go wrong with either engine.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli