Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Howdy doody, wrecked metal workers.... Yes, I know this ain't a Yahoo
group. But, and this is a big butt, you guys know a whole lot more than
those who post cryptic stuff at the computer groups. Any help steering
me in the right direction would be appreciated!
Newgene (formerly Old Snuffy)
Anyone know a reliable way to do move about a few thousand emails from
Yahoo to my desktop? I searched a lot the last few days and these are
what I thought were the best so far, but none of the worked.
I am glad to pay up to $25 for a program that does the job. Have not
found anything with good reviews that works so far.
===================
** Method #1 (Not working for me. Procedure is evidently missing some
info.)
From

You can access your Yahoo! Mail from another email client or your mobile
device using IMAP.
Use these settings when configuring IMAP:
Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with SSL/TLS
-It is necessary to enable SSL or TLS for Outgoing SMTP port.
Username: full email address (for example, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)
Password: the password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Account
Since you cannot export directly from yahoo to providers like gmail you
can enter this information into Microsoft Outlook to retrieve your
e-mails to avoid agreeing to the new upgrade and still be able to
retrieve your mail.
===================
** Method #2 (Didn't work either)

19/
I have many emails with significant documents in my Yahoo account, so I
want to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST file instantly.
Is there any easy solution? Please help me...
You can do it in the easy way. Configure your yahoo email on Outlook
as POP3, after that you can create a PST file and save all the info that
your need in the PST created.
thank you everyone for helping me.....
1. Fill Your Account Details:
. Account type - POP3
. Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com
. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
On the Advanced tab:
. Incoming Server POP3: 995
. Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465
===================
** Method #3 (Installed trial version. To use, it requires user name and
password. When downloading, there was no where to enter password. And
they did not send any emails with password....)

For large number of Yahoo account emails, you need to create backup
using third party software like Yahoo Backup tool which is capable to
create backup of Yahoo emails. The backup will be created as an email
file like PST, EML, MBOX or MSG which can be opened and accessed just
like an Yahoo email using the respective email client. External solution
available like these can be really an effective solution to save Yahoo
emails to external hard drive.
How To Backup Emails from Yahoo Mail Account to Hard Drive
Step 1. Download, Install & Launch Yahoo Backup software and fill
credential of user account.
Step 2. Choose any one e-mail format: EML, PST, MSG or MBOX.
Step 3. Then click on "Browser" button to choose the preferred location
where you to save email data & click on "Start" button to initiate the
email download process.
Step 4. Once all email data are downloaded in local system, software
will show a confirmation message "Download completed successfully". Then
Click on "OK" button.
Source:

Newgene McMensa
"Newgene McMensa" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... Howdy doody, wrecked metal workers.... Yes, I know this ain't a Yahoo group. But, and this is a big butt, you guys know a whole lot more than those who post cryptic stuff at the computer groups. Any help steering me in the right direction would be appreciated!
[...]

PS -- Trying to make it simpler....
First choice is a software program I can purchase to move all emails from Yahoo inbox to my personal computer in any standard file format that will be accessible by MS Outlook or Outlook Express.
If there is nothing out there to do this, then a distant 2nd choice would CSV.
3rd choice is any format with accessible by any other email program.
Thanks.
Reply to
Newgene McMensa