Yahoo Groups - lack of mail

I know there are a number of other yahoo group members here.

Is it just me or has the mail delivery packed up again?

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

Elliott Cowton said the following on 01/03/2007 17:39:

Now you mention it, I don't seem to have had much on any of my Yahoo groups just lately.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Reply to
Simon Judd

Yes, but one of those has not arrived when it should either...

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

There are a couple of new viruses/worms/etc out there.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

"Elliott Cowton" wrote

Yahoo! have had an email server problem affecting some groups throughout today.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Check for your emails being disabled because your ISP has bounced one recently.

Yahoo isn't very good at redriving them, gives up and disables them until you reset it.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

In message , Christopher A. Lee writes

I've had to reset mine every other day for the past few weeks, with an "Error 550, message body rejected". It's starting to annoy a bit...

Reply to
Kenny

I once had a site which was part of a UK webring. It worked fine until the webring became a part of Yahoo Groups. I've had nothing to with them since.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"John Turner" wrote

The Yahoo email servers are now working again, but there is a huge backlog of emails which may take a day or two to clear.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Christopher A.Lee" wrote

Not a problem for me. The ISP my groups forward the mail to is yahoo.co.uk and I then POP3 download them to Outlook. The advantage is that despite having ntHell as an ISP I can also SMTP send mail because the send port on the yahoo server is not the usual one that most ISPs will block.

Works like a dream and since I set up the account in October I have had not a single bounce vs. sometimes 100s a week before...

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

John Turner said the following on 02/03/2007 10:04:

I was under the impression that they wouldn't be clearing the backlog. I saw an announcement somewhere to this effect...

...found it:-

"Unfortunately, while messages posted to affected groups during this time were saved to group archives, the messages cannot now be delivered via email."

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Now that sounds like a neat trick. I've had to drop back to my BT account to get emails through yahoo groups. Problem with bouncing that started at xmas, but forwarding via a free yahoo account sounds better :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Nice of them to broadcast this.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

"Paul Boyd" wrote

Make sense I suppose, but they were certainly suggesting otherwise last night.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Lester Caine" wrote

You need to sign up for a new yahoo account/identity and make sure it is on the UK servers (email address ending in yahoo.co.uk. Once you have the account, in the options you will find instructions on how to download POP3 mail.

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

In message , Elliott Cowton writes