Yahoo groups vanished?

Is it just me or has Yahoo lost their Groups? All my listings show no posts at all.

Curious to see if the announcement for some new On30 models has made it there.

Any info greatfully acknowledged.

Steve Magee Newcastle NSW Aust

Reply to
Steve Magee

Just visited the Yahoo n_scale group. Seems fine/up to date to me. Don't know about any other groups though.

Jeff

Reply to
1shado1

Z scale and Digitrax groups are working as well.

Steve Magee wrote:

Reply to
Pete in Calgary, Alta, GWN

Steve, The large and active On30Conspiracy that was the main On30 group list on the net got booted off Yahoo Groups for some reason. You might look on Google Groups for On30Legend. This was set up after the On30Conspiricy got axed and some of the old members went to it. Lee Snover of LeeTown posts there. He and several others would certainly be able to bring you up to date on any new or announced On30 products you may be wanting to find out about. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

The original On30Conspiracy list has resurfaced as the On30Conspiracy2 on Yahoo Groups, still owned by the original person. Over 400 members so far and climbing. After the original group was deleted, several others sprung up but don't have as many members: On30Group and

0n30Conspiracy where the first letter is a "zero" rather than a capital "O". I think there may be a few others too.

There was another one started on MSN Groups, but I don't know its current fate. I watched it for a while, but it was awkward to use to me so I left.

Yet another separate group has recently appeared, being independant of any major provider such as Yahoo -

You have to register to join (for free) and there are just over 200 members so far.

several other YahooGroups, one which was devoted to more racy subjects. More vulgar than porographic, but I don't really know, never having visited any. Seems Yahoo took a disliking to what was going on in one of the sites and just deleted all of the owners' sites, including some re organizing local sports teams. All gone at once.

That's the way the On30 crumbles!

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
Railfan