Wow

Wow, I haven't been here in a while. I thought this was a train site. Lots of off-topic messages!!
We do have a message board at choochooauctions.com. Although it isn't
as active it is always on-topic.
http://www.choochooauctions.com

Fuck you troll and your offtopic troll for website hits.
Charles Siegel wrote:

CS:
Well, we are currently at the center of a very weird troll vs. kook vs. rmr vs. Usenet civil war. Best to disregard the OTness and try not to understand.
Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans
That is it you were warned. Hope you enjoy the investigation troll.
On Mar 10, 11:47�am, snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

On 10 Mar 2007 08:47:18 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu instead replied:

LOL
Man, this is the funniest bit of Usenet truth written here in a long, long time. -- Ray
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:57:19 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

No matter what it is, it's WAY over your head, mate. -- Ray
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:47:51 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

My take? Well, overwrought emotions are sort of leading some folk to overreact more than just a little. The trolls see that and are leading them around by the nose. I find it all very amusing and leap in with the occasional one liner. Trust me, David, I'd rather be laughing with you about them.
Chill. Just let them go. Discuss what you want to and ignore them. Or engage them. Your choice. If you want to discuss MRR related stuff, do so. If you want to engage them in a battle of wits, remember one thing. They studied for the degree in wit but only half finished their study. Do you see any of them impersonating anyone besides the very few who engage them actively?
Eventually, the trolls get tired and move on. What makes them madder than anything else is when we remove their cross posting without commenting on that removal. Just do it and watch how fast it all dies down. They're showing off in front of their troll mates. -- Ray
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:37:29 +0900, Ray Haddad wrote:

But be sure to cut out the cross-posting to the various Mom's basement dens of pimply wankers like alt.usenet.kooks, etc.
--
Steve

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:48:56 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Yes. I mentioned that but it does bear repeating, Steve. They get no joy if they can't show off in front of their friends. -- Ray
You are a troll and you feed them so please stop.

On 13 Mar 2007 19:07:34 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@aim.com instead replied:

No. I removed your crosspost. Don't you just hate that? -- Ray
Ray Haddad spake thus:

Awwwww, you took away his toy, you meaniehead! Give the widdle baby back his toy!
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:20:49 -0700, Jon Miller wrote:

Soory, you failed.
--
D. Wasserman

I'm having an interesting problem. An ISP that's to big to talk much with me. And of course me, who's not very good with computers. Using OE suddenly last Saturday _sending_ email failed. I was told it was not the ISP but something related to POP! They gave me another server to log on to. So here is the problem; I never stopped receiving email I just can't send it (on both servers). Both servers "ping" just fine. The connection to the net is just fine. This morning I have received no news except for my test and your reply. So I was guessing another problem however still no news except for your reply when normally there a fifty messages. Of course most are garbage but??????????
Jon Miller wrote:

It would help if you specified which version o Windows and IE/OE you are running.
In the meantime, have you:
a) updated your anti-virus (etc) software and run it recently? (You will probably have to pay for those updates, which shouldn't faze you - you pay for regular maintenance for your car, right? Same goes for your computer.)
b) updated your copy of Windows? (If it's Win95/98/ME, you have an orphan operating system, and should replace it as soon as possible.)
c) updated your copies of MS software? IE is at version 7-something, and OE at 6-something (I don't know for sure, I use neither of them.)
d) double-checked all settings in OE? It's especially important that you check the identities and passwords.
e) considered using another e-mail/newsreader program than OE? (Recommended).
Sometimes it works to delete the account from OE, restart and remove all remaining evidence of the account from OE, restart and set up the account again, and then, just for good measure, restart again.
Note that updating can take a long time, and may require several restarts. If you haven't updated recently, you may not even see all updates, since some of them won't work until prior ones are installed. So you should repeat the updating until MS's update site tells you there are no more updates available for your computer (or you don't need the available ones.)
If you are using wireless, it's possible that your computer is connecting to an external network, in which case that network may not let your machine send anything, and it may be filtering incoming mail, too. This just happened to us: the motel across the street has set up wireless access for its guests, and from time to time my wife's laptop latches onto that external network instead of our in-house one. Depends on where she's located. She could receive, but not send.
HTH
--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)
Wolf,
a. Yes, Norton AntiVirus. System check yesterday. b. Windows XP ED2 linked updates c. IE 7 and OE 6 d. ISP in one conversation helped and all is correct e. The amount of saved email in the Yahoo Group that's hobby related would make this a large task and I wouldn't understand the new services. I'm old and change is difficult. Below is the error message if it means anything to you!
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'vader.inow.com', Server: 'vader.inow.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Bear in mind this is the same server and connection that is _delivering_ my email just fine.
Wolf, Later on today I am going to have my daughter hook her laptop up to my account and see if she can send any mail. That would pretty much put the problem on my ISP and not me.
Jon Miller wrote:

I use Thunderbird (free) for newsreading, and PMMail (about $40) for e-mail. Both are IMO superior to OE. Thunderbird is also an e-mail client, but PMMail is better, because it refuses to open any attachments without your permission, which makes it very safe to use. Won't open a link to a website, either.

Well, it means you have a socket error, which I can't deal with. It does look like a problem at your end, though, so you should be able to fix it, with help. I suggest you go to a Windows newsgroup, and ask your question there, posting the above error message. Try
microsoft.public.windows.ienetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Good luck!
--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)

e-mail. Both are IMO superior to OE< I belong to many Yahoo (moderated) groups dealing with modelRRing and DCC. Many emails are save and form a very large database. Probably thousands of messages. Changing all this would be very difficult.
I'm guessing something/someone has vastly restricted this news groups because it's gotten out of hand lately. How it's been done (IF) or how it could be done I have no idea but with enough complaints I suspect ISPs could do something if they wanted. A sure indication something was going on would be other similar news groups, with similar postings, that seem to be also lacking mail/news.
Normally by now I would have 20 to 50 messages from this group and that's with a few in the kill files. This morning so far only you and Wolf!