Wow

Wow, I haven't been here in a while. I thought this was a train site. Lots of off-topic messages!!

We do have a message board at choochooauctions.com. Although it isn't as active it is always on-topic.

Charles Siegel

Fuck you troll and your offtopic troll for website hits.

Reply to
trainspeeddemon

CS:

Well, we are currently at the center of a very weird troll vs. kook vs. rmr vs. Usenet civil war. Best to disregard the OTness and try not to understand.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans

Reply to
pawlowsk002

That is it you were warned. Hope you enjoy the investigation troll.

Reply to
trainspeeddemon

Hi Charles

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about your site. I noticed the Trolls trying to bait you.

Cheers

gagnonrchrd

On 10 Mar 2007 08:47:18 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu instead replied:

LOL

Man, this is the funniest bit of Usenet truth written here in a long, long time.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:57:19 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "SameAsB4" instead replied:

No matter what it is, it's WAY over your head, mate.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:47:51 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and David Nebenzahl instead replied:

My take? Well, overwrought emotions are sort of leading some folk to overreact more than just a little. The trolls see that and are leading them around by the nose. I find it all very amusing and leap in with the occasional one liner. Trust me, David, I'd rather be laughing with you about them.

Chill. Just let them go. Discuss what you want to and ignore them. Or engage them. Your choice. If you want to discuss MRR related stuff, do so. If you want to engage them in a battle of wits, remember one thing. They studied for the degree in wit but only half finished their study. Do you see any of them impersonating anyone besides the very few who engage them actively?

Eventually, the trolls get tired and move on. What makes them madder than anything else is when we remove their cross posting without commenting on that removal. Just do it and watch how fast it all dies down. They're showing off in front of their troll mates.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

But be sure to cut out the cross-posting to the various Mom's basement dens of pimply wankers like alt.usenet.kooks, etc.

Reply to
Steve Caple

RH:

That should be written in gold letters 5' high and placed on a sign over the Internet. (Maybe then it wouldn't have taken me so long to understand how do do so...just sit back, look around at the desktop clutter, and realize just how nebulous the argument is.)

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans

Reply to
pawlowsk002

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:48:56 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

Yes. I mentioned that but it does bear repeating, Steve. They get no joy if they can't show off in front of their friends.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ray Haddad spake thus:

Awwwww, you took away his toy, you meaniehead! Give the widdle baby back his toy!

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Reply to
curtmchere

Reply to
curtmchere

On 13 Mar 2007 19:07:34 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@aim.com instead replied:

No. I removed your crosspost. Don't you just hate that?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Soory, you failed.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I'm having an interesting problem. An ISP that's to big to talk much with me. And of course me, who's not very good with computers. Using OE suddenly last Saturday _sending_ email failed. I was told it was not the ISP but something related to POP! They gave me another server to log on to. So here is the problem; I never stopped receiving email I just can't send it (on both servers). Both servers "ping" just fine. The connection to the net is just fine. This morning I have received no news except for my test and your reply. So I was guessing another problem however still no news except for your reply when normally there a fifty messages. Of course most are garbage but??????????

Reply to
Jon Miller

Forgot to add that I can send email using Yahoo!

Reply to
Jon Miller

Wolf,

a. Yes, Norton AntiVirus. System check yesterday. b. Windows XP ED2 linked updates c. IE 7 and OE 6 d. ISP in one conversation helped and all is correct e. The amount of saved email in the Yahoo Group that's hobby related would make this a large task and I wouldn't understand the new services. I'm old and change is difficult. Below is the error message if it means anything to you!

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'vader.inow.com', Server: 'vader.inow.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number:

0x800CCC0F

Bear in mind this is the same server and connection that is _delivering_ my email just fine.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Wolf, Later on today I am going to have my daughter hook her laptop up to my account and see if she can send any mail. That would pretty much put the problem on my ISP and not me.

Reply to
Jon Miller