soccer moms must die!

It's a sort of a tripe stew - Really good!
I also like tongue tacos, and my grandmother used to make this Italian sandwich-type of meal that used beef hearts, brains, lungs, and liver in a ricotta cheese filling. mmmmmmmmmmmm
You can pretty much eat everything except for the oink or moo. A butcher friend gave me the recipe for hotdogs. Let me know if you want to really lose your appetite!
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
Chuck Rudy wrote:

Ignoring the bad play on words that come with tongue tacos, the taste is a treat. Patι is pretty close to the texture but the taste is unique.
Menudo is a green chili-based stew, often incorporating posole (whole hominy) with lemon and lots of oregano as garnish in a chicken stock. The meaty portion, after which the dish is named, is tripe, or the stomach lining from a cow.
Sounds bizarre but it grows on you in a hurry. It does help if the first time you try it you have a hangover but it really does taste great any time.
Trust me!(tm)
TK
--
Cogito ergo bibo

Add pictures here
βœ–

Ok, now you guys are just trying to make us all sick, next thing you know, you'll be trying to convience Kurt they taste like chicken.
If you want good tacos you have to go to Taco Tueday in San Diego. I bet Ray and David have been there.
I didn't see a tongue taco on the menu.
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

Taste like chicken, you say? Well now I HAVE to try some.
--
Tweak

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

No "lengua?"
TK
--
Cogito ergo bibo

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

In SoCal, You don't have to go to San Diego for taco Tuesday, it's taco Tuesday everywhere.
Add pictures here
βœ–

True but do they also have margaritas 2 for $5.00 too? ; )
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

Linde's Saloon does! But me, myself and I prefer the 2-4-1 'hammy on heinie' happy happy happy hours.
The best part though is that Linde's is within staggering distance of the Novak complex :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

Ya got Me there.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:00:26 GMT, Dave Grayvis

Cheaper to make at home tho'... especially with one of these...
http://www.gasblender.com /
<g>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
TDKozan wrote:

Menudo is gross. I've never had tongue tacos, but I've eaten roast tongue before. (At least, I think that's how it was prepared. It's been many years so my memory's not to clear on that part.) The tongue's just muscle, so it's really not much different from the more common forms of beef.
Add pictures here
βœ–

And, I don't know whether it was inherent in it being tongue or the skill of the cook, but when I've eaten beef tongue it was amazingly flavorful *and* tender. Wonderful stuff.
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

My appetite for intestines is limited to hot dogs and sausages, and even then I have to try hard not to think about what the "casing" really is.
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

People get all queasy about chitlins and cracklin cornbread, but do indeed chow down on hot dogs. Funny, that is.
--
Tweak

Add pictures here
βœ–
Tweak wrote:

I don't think "modern" hotdogs use intestinal based casings.
With that said, what's up with "head cheese"?
Add pictures here
βœ–
@prodigy.net says...

You sure about that? Something to think about...
--
Tweak

Add pictures here
βœ–

My family freaks out because I eat steak rare. If it's seen the flame, that's good enough for me some of them eat oysters on the half shell.
Potato, puh tah tah, just eat the dang thang and shut your yap!
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

I remember "Blind Mellon"...
"Goin' down town gonna seem my gal"
"Gonna sing her a song, gonna show 'er.."
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Polite people will tell you, "pig intestines".
Honest people will tell you, "pig colon".
Add pictures here
βœ–