soccer moms must die!

Hockey is just like Soccer, except those sissies wear pads and helmets. :)

Basketball should be more like Hockey. I meant the fouls in basketball is such a joke, with good fouls, bad fouls, intentional fouls, flagrant fouls, free fouls... It's all part of the stupid game. Basketball should have a penalty box and force teams to play short handed until the penalty time is killed off, and if a player is ejected from the game, the team should have to play short handed for the rest of the game.

Baseball, well, they need to put some sort of "shot clock" on the pitchers, and penalize them severely for delay of game.

American Football has too many finicky little rules...

Team salary caps is an interesting idea, but they what they really need to cap are ticket prices, say no more that twice the price of seeing a local movie. They could also consider capping the weight of football players, especially line men.

Soccer fields are not all that evil for rockets, unless there is a game on. I find baseball/softball fields more evil because they have permanent fences and backstops, etc.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Tongue tacos.....the name sounds a bit, ah, like, say, umm, something not to be done in public. Menundo, that's a new one on me. I haven't a clue on that one.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

It's a sort of a tripe stew - Really good!

I also like tongue tacos, and my grandmother used to make this Italian sandwich-type of meal that used beef hearts, brains, lungs, and liver in a ricotta cheese filling. mmmmmmmmmmmm

You can pretty much eat everything except for the oink or moo. A butcher friend gave me the recipe for hotdogs. Let me know if you want to really lose your appetite!

Reply to
Anonymous

Ignoring the bad play on words that come with tongue tacos, the taste is a treat. Paté is pretty close to the texture but the taste is unique.

Menudo is a green chili-based stew, often incorporating posole (whole hominy) with lemon and lots of oregano as garnish in a chicken stock. The meaty portion, after which the dish is named, is tripe, or the stomach lining from a cow.

Sounds bizarre but it grows on you in a hurry. It does help if the first time you try it you have a hangover but it really does taste great any time.

Trust me!(tm)

TK

Reply to
TDKozan

Menudo is gross. I've never had tongue tacos, but I've eaten roast tongue before. (At least, I think that's how it was prepared. It's been many years so my memory's not to clear on that part.) The tongue's just muscle, so it's really not much different from the more common forms of beef.

Reply to
raydunakin

Except in the case of the park in question - there are 17 soccer fields on the north portion, which are reserved 24/7/365 for the soccer association. You do not *dare* set foot on these fields either during soccer season or during the off season ("field rest"). The soccer association supposedly has a long-term lease on this portion (of a public park!).

We used to fly on the south 20 acres, but the new deal (which isn't finalized yet) will give *ownership* of the land to the soccer association.

As far as we could ascertain, this was the only park land in the county where model rocketry was legal. Once the soccer association gets it they have stated that they will rent it to groups for use "not imcompatible" with soccer, but 95% of the current field use is walk-on individuals, not associated with any club. These are the ones that it will hit the hardest.

Reply to
Anonymous

And, I don't know whether it was inherent in it being tongue or the skill of the cook, but when I've eaten beef tongue it was amazingly flavorful *and* tender. Wonderful stuff.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Ok, now you guys are just trying to make us all sick, next thing you know, you'll be trying to convience Kurt they taste like chicken.

If you want good tacos you have to go to Taco Tueday in San Diego. I bet Ray and David have been there.

I didn't see a tongue taco on the menu.

Randy

<randyolb

Taste like chicken, you say? Well now I HAVE to try some.

Reply to
Tweak

No "lengua?"

TK

Reply to
TDKozan

In SoCal, You don't have to go to San Diego for taco Tuesday, it's taco Tuesday everywhere.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

and this is supported with public money? bah! makes me want to go do donuts with a dirt bike all over the whole damn thing.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

More reasons to chose football over soccer. There are many football fileds across our county that not only allow rockets, some even encourage it.

Randy

<randyolb

True but do they also have margaritas 2 for $5.00 too? ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Linde's Saloon does! But me, myself and I prefer the 2-4-1 'hammy on heinie' happy happy happy hours.

The best part though is that Linde's is within staggering distance of the Novak complex :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

Ya got Me there.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Cheaper to make at home tho'... especially with one of these...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

There is a soccer park not too far from here. It was set up as soccer only, and it was for awhile. Then adults wanted volley ball, and it was created in a little corner. Then the baseball club said they had no fields, so one was built. Then lacrosse became a fashion statement, and lacrosse goals showed up and one field is lacrosse only. Now everything but football and golf go on there.

Quite simply the squeaky wheel gets the grease, provided it's done properly. Why they've even overturned agreements in wills around here to have property used opposite of the former owner's wishes.

The plan, and the presentation must be top notch, the persons doing it well spoken and it must be expected it will take some time. Parks are owned by the people, not one group, regardless of the size. Unless, of course, they purchase it and are owners for fair market value.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Around here, it's quite different -- a lot of the soccer fields are privately owned, so they can restrict who uses them for what.

The LaVista soccer fields are where we hold low-power launches, when we can schedule around someone else who's using the fields (they get used for lots of things). The Omaha fields that are public are often in parks and available for general use, as well.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski