Big BP motors.....

What is/was the biggest professionally manufactured, commonly retailed BP
engine? I actually flew an FSI Mach One Dart, which used the F-100 booster
motor (with fins glued to the casing as per the directions), I forget the upper
stage motor. I don't know if it went supersonic, but it was a very calm day and
it was climbing very fast when I lost it - I found the rocket with it's 6 foot
streamer 2 days later on the way to work, about 2 miles away. Never found the
F-100 casing with fins.. I hear tell Centuri had some F's at one time. Is that
it for BP or were there bigger ones?
Neutrodyne
Reply to
John H. Smith
-Portland State Aerospace Society
Isn't there an H330 or so in the motor data files for WRASP?
-- Niall Oswald ========= UKRA 1345 L0 EARS 1151 MARS
"Gravity assisted pieces of the rocket raining from the sky should be avoided. It is also financially undesirable."
Reply to
Niall Oswald
Not commonly retailed. Rocketflite.
Commonly retailed FSI and Mini-Max.
FSI was by far the resounding long-term success story.
D20-10 I think.
No way.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
The biggest BP motor I've seen is the cloud-seeding rocket motor produced by Ruggieri in France. It's a light J (can't find the specs at the moment) and somewhere around 2-1/2" diameter and around 20" long.
Reply to
Mike Dennett
Ray, It's my understanding that they hope to produce motors in the future. I believe they are moving to a facility where this would be possible. DR
Reply to
Darian Rachal
wow that would be cool.. back in Febraury a member of our club launched a RocketFlite H BP motor and it literally ROARED off the pad.....very impressive
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
Another project was build a balsa glider from scratch using your own design. Well, I designed and built a glider with slightly swept back wings, about 3 foot wingspan, and the first flight went all the way across the field and landed gently on the grass. The aeronautic instructors jaw dropped and he said "Perfect flight, I want that plane". I received an hour of flight training in a cessna 150 for being the top student in class. This was when I was a 10th grader in high school. P.S. now that I think of it, I don't think the enerjet was a BP motor, that was almost 30 years ago. Dave B.
Reply to
bswarm
centuri bought coaster corp and their e and f BLACK POWDER motors and renamed them mini-max.
centuri also bought rocket development corp. they redesigned and relabeled the rdc enerjet e and f POLYURETHANE composite motors.
fwiw ... i have original documentation and samples of these motors.
Reply to
ZMikey
You guys are breaking our tradition! Stop citing such accurate and historic information or some lurker may think that some people here are serious about rocketry! :-)>
Reply to
Gene
Tarnation Shockie !
Flying an un-certified motor at a club launch !
Will the humanity ever end ?
Reply to
almax

Site Timeline