New Comanchee 3

I lost all but the first stage of the one I built in college. This time I'll launch it with more capable spotters than I did last time, like maybe my 7 year old and his friends...

lab~rat >:-)

lektric.dan

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:13:41 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" puked:

That's something that hadn't occurred to me. Since I've never recovered a staged rocket before, maybe I'll do something similar in hopes this one stays around for a few years...

lab~rat >:-)

On Feb 2, 6:57=A0am, "lab~rat >:-)" wrote: (should be "duct tape" - aluminum foil tape)

It helps to launch with a group, and assign people to each section. Same way with boost gliders. Everyone wants to see the glider, but someone has to keep an eye on where the boost pod went down. You've motivated me to get a photobucket account and start putting pictures of my rockets up:

I already have. A lot are my own designs or "kit bashes" like the two-stage Fat Boy or the Baby Fat Boy (made from a Baby Bertha kit). Will take more pictures and post them. I've got several gliders I've been working on over the winter.

Reply to
lektric.dan

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:10:03 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" puked:

Cool, I like the energy shot rocket. We launched a Sky Writer that I built with my daughter over the weekend and nearly lost it. I guess that's what happens when you launch with a C on an acre, but fortunately it landed in a yard a few lots over and one of her friends jumped the fence and got it.

lab~rat >:-)